Chrome for iOS hands-on
0. phoneArena 01 Jul 2012, 15:07 posted on
Call it a long time coming, but Google’s ever-popular Chrome web browser is finally making the rounds over in iOS land, and for the most part, it brings forth nearly all the same features found with its Android counterpart. Naturally, Chrome for iOS is a great alternative to Apple’s...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. good2great (Posts: 1040; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
hell no...lol iOS version sucks...
i used it on my ipad 2 its no faster than safari and it has no cool features that we're used to seeing on the desktop version.
3. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Yeah, it's still in beta for iOS. It'll get much better later.
5. biophone (Posts: 1896; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
I like it the UI is cool. And the speech thing is cool if you don't have a 4s. I also like not having to go to google to google something. Just type in the top box.
8. nicholassss (Posts: 358; Member since: 10 May 2012)
Not having to go to google to google is the best feature on on chrome.
10. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
go to google to google by google my googles
12. biophone (Posts: 1896; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Yea its why I use it on my desktop. That separate thing safari has for google annoys me. and denied that was funny lol
6. LOLpple (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
And apple sues Google in 3, 2, 1...
7. nyuvo (Posts: 72; Member since: 10 May 2012)
The only reason it isn't as fast as safari is because of Apple. They don't allow third party browsers to access some sort of software enhancement which the safari browser takes advantage of.
This is the sole reason that no browser will ever be as fast as safari on iOS and it is a really anticompetitive move in my opinion.
Clearly as seen in Googlg I/O, chrome is the most popular browser, and with this app being the top free app in the appstore it shows that people are looking for an alternative for safari.
9. beillax (Posts: 23; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
I think the speech feature is a cool addition and the UI works pretty smooth.
11. rudlie (Posts: 182; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
chrome @android slower than other browsers under ios which are also using ios webkit.
13. Sangeet (Posts: 232; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Do some research before making another lame comment like this ever
Apple doesn't allow the Chrome or other apps to use the full potential of the Hardware of the Iphone or the Ipad
This is just a lame thing done by Apple to not let Google Chrome go to the best level of user satisfaction because if that Happens then everyone would switch from Safari to Chrome and that is not what Apple wants
Conclusion : Apple uses lame tricks to make sure that other competitors don't go beyond them as they do everything for it like making patents, suing other companies, banning the devices, etc, etc
The main reason for them to do so is that they are really coward who can't stand any competition so they just try to pull other down
Final Conclusion : Apple Sucks :-) LOL !!!