Chrome for Android gets update to support gestures
0. phoneArena 02 Oct 2013, 13:58 posted on
An update to Chrome for Android adds some gesture support to the browser; swipe horizontally across the toolbar on top to switch tabs, while swiping downward from the toolbar gets you into tab switcher mode; without lifting a finger, you can drag down from the menu and select from it. The update should arrive on your phone in the next few days...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ocilfa (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Nice! I wish there was some clever gestures for the android navigation bar though. I hate having it always there, eating up my screen space.
2. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4250; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
This is news? I've had this update for a while, news sites are just reporting it now?
8. akki20892 (Posts: 3873; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
do the one thing _ Wait...................
5. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
that profile pic is badass Danishs... and yes sounds similar to safari gestures in ios7
12. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 776; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
LOL.. android stock browsers/ICS browser already had gesture support since 2011...
I have been using gesture on my Galaxy S2 since 2011.
The only argument iFans can give is "Copy"(Although they know how much Apple copied from Android-live wallpapers, control center, notification panel, quick toggles etc).
7. harigrg33 (Posts: 181; Member since: 20 May 2013)
they are saying it has in ios7 coz its new for ios... lol
13. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 776; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
iFans are ignorant by choice...Juz like Apple is ignorant about any other technology...
Eg-- When u ask Siri "Which is the best phone?" the reply is "Wait, there are other phones!!!" ... So dumb & ignorant....
10. GoogleSafariFox (banned) (Posts: 100; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Still no update on my Phone. Hmmmm..
11. rob5150 (Posts: 151; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
I think it's a step backwards. It was in Chrome beta and I went back to regular chrome. I will never use this new version. It was horrible to take tab switching from swiping left and right anywhere along screen and move it only to the top. I use large phones currently lg optimus g pro. So, by moving tab switching only to the top I must now move a hand off the phone and uncomfortably stretch thumb all the way to the top. It is ridiculous.