Chrome for Android gets update to support gestures
The update is coming and will soon be available for those who already have the Chrome browser loaded on their Android handset. As usual with these updates they do not reach all phones in one fell swoop, so you might need to be patient. A quick look shows that the new features have yet to hit the version of the app listed on the Google Play Store.
source: GoogleChrome via AndroidGuys
1. ocilfa (Posts: 333; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Nice! I wish there was some clever gestures for the android navigation bar though. I hate having it always there, eating up my screen space.
2. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4069; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
This is news? I've had this update for a while, news sites are just reporting it now?
8. akki20892 (Posts: 3555; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
do the one thing _ Wait...................
5. good2great (Posts: 1039; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
that profile pic is badass Danishs... and yes sounds similar to safari gestures in ios7
12. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 652; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
LOL.. android stock browsers/ICS browser already had gesture support since 2011...
I have been using gesture on my Galaxy S2 since 2011.
The only argument iFans can give is "Copy"(Although they know how much Apple copied from Android-live wallpapers, control center, notification panel, quick toggles etc).
7. harigrg33 (Posts: 159; Member since: 20 May 2013)
they are saying it has in ios7 coz its new for ios... lol
13. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 652; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
iFans are ignorant by choice...Juz like Apple is ignorant about any other technology...
Eg-- When u ask Siri "Which is the best phone?" the reply is "Wait, there are other phones!!!" ... So dumb & ignorant....
10. GoogleSafariFox (banned) (Posts: 100; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Still no update on my Phone. Hmmmm..
11. rob5150 (Posts: 120; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
I think it's a step backwards. It was in Chrome beta and I went back to regular chrome. I will never use this new version. It was horrible to take tab switching from swiping left and right anywhere along screen and move it only to the top. I use large phones currently lg optimus g pro. So, by moving tab switching only to the top I must now move a hand off the phone and uncomfortably stretch thumb all the way to the top. It is ridiculous.