Christmas comes early at Microsoft: employees get WP8 smartphones, Surface tablets, PCs as gifts
0. phoneArena posted on 14 Sep 2012, 02:20
Working for Microsoft – one of the most renowned tech giants in the world, is a privilege, and we are not saying this in a Foxconn kind of way. The company just sent out a big "Thank you!" to its 90,000 full-time employees by gifting them with not one, not two, but three Windows-powered gadgets. These include a smartphone running Windows Phone 8, a Microsoft Surface tablet with Windows RT, and a brand new Windows 8 PC, either a desktop, laptop, ultrabook, whatever they pick. How's that for an early Christmas gift?...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Katrina posted on 14 Sep 2012, 02:26 24 0
PC will always be PC = Bill gates donates money
Apple will always be apple = keeps their money and jacks up prices
23. JoeBelfiore (banned) posted on 14 Sep 2012, 06:46 0 4
go away android fan, Microsoft doesn't want to hire you
30. CellularNinja posted on 14 Sep 2012, 18:58 0 1
I like Microsoft... Why is it that you think someone can't be a fan of Android & Microsoft. I have an S3 and also plan on getting a Surface when it comes out.
11. Jelly_Bean posted on 14 Sep 2012, 04:38 0 1
They should have considered me as well. I am MCITP, MCTS on Server 2008 :p.
Love you Microsoft. You are the real Tech Giant all the way along with Samsung, Google, Nokia, Sony, Motorola and Asus...!!
3. tigermcm posted on 14 Sep 2012, 02:31 8 0
nooooooooooo, I wonder if they have any positions open lol
5. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 14 Sep 2012, 02:37 3 0
pretty dope no doubt.....rooting for android n windows phones for our future debates and finnally slash out rotten apple from the picture
6. andrew1953 posted on 14 Sep 2012, 02:56 0 10
Its just advertising .Microsoft probably claim it on tax. Get out a.d spread the word through your employees . Wish Subaru would follow suit.
14. Jelly_Bean posted on 14 Sep 2012, 04:42 3 0
These f**kin haters are everywhere. If you don't like it then why the f**k you are here. Bloody Hell
17. haseebzahid posted on 14 Sep 2012, 05:33 2 0
even if it is given for discount its still better then apples
19. Nathan_ingx posted on 14 Sep 2012, 05:41 2 0
Andrew1953!!! Windows is the new fruit...haven't you heard??? :D
7. wendygarett posted on 14 Sep 2012, 03:04 1 1
OMG I wanna free surfaces and lumia 920!! Hire me please!!!
25. Nathan_ingx posted on 14 Sep 2012, 07:18 1 0
Is (s)he an Android fan?? I thought (s)he was an iFan!!
9. AhmadAlsayegh posted on 14 Sep 2012, 03:34 0 0
Reminds me of when I was working for a new mobile phone service provider, we used to give away free broadband internet for six months...the only thing was that we have given away free internet just for network testing and doing the final tweaks to the towers...etc, so basically it was like a mass testing for the network...this Microsoft thing kinda reminds me of that
Edit: but it is still a good gesture
10. Glim12808 posted on 14 Sep 2012, 04:33 1 0
Don't think it's the same thing because giving away free internet temporarily would not involve a whole lot of cash outlay. Had they given you a smartphone with the free internet and both yours to keep then it would be about the same thing. But in this instance, MS is not just giving away one device but three! And they're yours to keep not just for 6 months!
15. AhmadAlsayegh posted on 14 Sep 2012, 04:55 0 2
you are comparing two different products here, but it is the same concept...yes, they have given away free dongles, but not smartphones, they have allowed free calls and sms for 3 months, free internet for 6 months...that is all possible with tons of cash...the only thing here is why do the beta launching externally when you have 90k employees who can do it internally, and they will make sure to give you better feedback that they work for you?
12. Glim12808 posted on 14 Sep 2012, 04:40 1 0
Do they still have vacancies at MS? I'd like to apply! I want a Surface Pro and a Lumia920! :-)
13. Non_Sequitur posted on 14 Sep 2012, 04:42 0 1
I would like to be either a Google or Microsoft employee when I'm older.
My uncle is an expert in C# and can teach me everything! :D
21. JoeBelfiore (banned) posted on 14 Sep 2012, 05:54 0 1
Google? Nah.. they get to track you for free
22. cdgoin posted on 14 Sep 2012, 06:41 2 0
You Get a Surface ! and YOU get a Surface ! and YOU GET A SURFACE !
27. jibraihimi posted on 14 Sep 2012, 09:04 0 0
Mr. Ballmer where is my appointment letter..........??? :(
28. jibraihimi posted on 14 Sep 2012, 09:08 1 0
Microsoft really knows how to keep their employees happy.............. I think apple or samsung never do such things....... Apple gives discount coupons to it's employees, so that they can buy overpriced igadgets at less overpriced rates............... About sammy i think that they don't even give discount coupon, becoz my cousin is working there in mobile division for past two yrs. but not even once he has got any discount coupons, or free gadgets............... :
29. Rayvelynn posted on 14 Sep 2012, 09:47 2 0
hahaha, Apple would never do that, their to greedy to do a selfless act like this
31. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 17 Sep 2012, 06:34 0 0
it will be so nice to work on that company!