Christmas Day saw 17 million iOS and Android devices activated
0. phoneArena posted on 27 Dec 2012, 17:39
According to analytics firm Flurry, 17 million iOS and Android devices were activated on Christmas Day which is a whopping 330% gain over the average number of daily activations in the 20 days prior to the holiday; in addition, the number of tablets activated on the 25th soared when compared to smartphones...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
10. rusticguy posted on 27 Dec 2012, 23:20 2
Android is doing 1.2 million activations/day and surprising still iOS gets a mention before Android in such articles ... Apple does get favoured in 99% of articles when iOS and Android have to be mentioned in same breath.
2. zig8100 posted on 27 Dec 2012, 17:57 0
Pretty sure it was almost 50 50 because of the Tabs. If you take the Tabs out then maybe I say about 60 /.40 Android
3. Insignificant posted on 27 Dec 2012, 18:19 4
Give us the proportion and numbers. Then we'll know how many good kids there were this year (android) and how many bad kids (trolled by iOS)?
4. lyndon420 posted on 27 Dec 2012, 18:20 1
At this rate how long before every living person has one with at least 2 or 3 backups?
5. Sniggly posted on 27 Dec 2012, 18:47 5
My nephew was one of them. It was awesome seeing him jump up and down with excitement when he opened up the wrapping to reveal a brand new Galaxy S3.
9. networkdood posted on 27 Dec 2012, 21:15 0
I would be too. Last year, I was jumping for joy because I received a penny DROID RAZR from AMAZON.
6. sithvenger (banned) posted on 27 Dec 2012, 20:34 0
My fiancés iPad mini is awesome, I want one now...might have to unload my iPad 3.
8. networkdood posted on 27 Dec 2012, 21:15 0
These stats do not count wi-fi only devices, I believe.