Chips reaching their limits as smartphones progress
0. phoneArena posted on 30 Aug 2012, 04:31
The semi-conductor business, for all its progress, is a balancing act. The industry, from AMD to Xilinx, advances their product lines and specifications at a blinding speed...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 30 Aug 2012, 04:59 13 0
so we'll move on to quantum technology.
5. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 30 Aug 2012, 07:08 4 0
YES GREAT READ! I love technology & the way everything moves make me even more curious on what devices my 4 year old son will have to play with when he finally hits 20 years old. lol
11. gaby1451 posted on 01 Sep 2012, 18:07 0 0
Wow! So are you 20yrs old, or was that just a random number? If so, young dad ey? :-)
3. Lwazi_N posted on 30 Aug 2012, 05:41 1 0
Maybe I should move from researching about nanocomposite membranes for water treatment and into this field... Looks kinda exciting! I think the more research that goes into the EUV lithography and DSA, the quicker we can catch up- maybe not at the rate we'd like but it would be a great leap forward.
4. neutralguy posted on 30 Aug 2012, 06:14 4 0
This is true. Now the next thing would be improving battery consumption in those superfast processors.
6. mafiaprinc3 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 08:02 1 0
battery consumption is critical as with software optimization, i think they go hand in hand
7. Lawliet posted on 30 Aug 2012, 08:02 0 0
Why don't we take the attention on making better chips, and change that to making better batteries ?
8. -box- posted on 30 Aug 2012, 08:25 6 0
Both are being done simultaneously. Look how much power is coming out of devices now: the Galaxy Note 2, which fits in your pocket, has a battery with more than 3000 mAh, which bests the battery in my 5-year-old laptop by 500mAh, and which doesn't fit in my pocket.
10. dragonstkdgirl posted on 30 Aug 2012, 18:45 0 0
The Galaxy Note 2 may fit in your pocket, but sure doesn't fit in mine. :o(
9. OpTiMuS_BlAcK posted on 30 Aug 2012, 12:24 1 0
Hopefully there will be Intel Atom with i7 features :D