Chip maker ST-Ericsson faces shutdown as STMicro plans to quit JV
0. phoneArena 10 Dec 2012, 09:35 posted on
STMicroelectronics, Europe’s biggest chip maker, now plans to exit the ST-Ericsson mobile chip joint venture with Ericsson…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Feeling Sad the Nova Thor is a great processor.....
6. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Jolla partnered with STE for their phones.
It's theirs sole chip choice for now
4. cdgoin (Posts: 521; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
Lets not forget Sony dropped them too.. They have a LOT of ground to make up if they don't want to go bankrupt.
5. Insignificant (Posts: 192; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
I'm certain a version of the a9600 with integrated LTE was going to be the best chip next year overall. I hope Sony buy them out of this mess.
9. adjou (Posts: 103; Member since: 06 Jul 2010)
a9600 is no longer on their product list... Most likely been dropped
7. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
please sony buy them! or let intel buy them and contract with intel to provide you chips! please please please...
11. MC1123 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i was actually looking forward for STericsson WP from nokia coz before nokia or STEricsson promise that they will bring a nova thor powered WP on the market...
to make it cheaper and cheap dual core!