Chip maker ST-Ericsson faces shutdown as STMicro plans to quit JV
0. phoneArena posted on 10 Dec 2012, 09:35
STMicroelectronics, Europe’s biggest chip maker, now plans to exit the ST-Ericsson mobile chip joint venture with Ericsson…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. darac posted on 10 Dec 2012, 13:01 1 0
Jolla partnered with STE for their phones.
It's theirs sole chip choice for now
4. cdgoin posted on 10 Dec 2012, 11:25 3 0
Lets not forget Sony dropped them too.. They have a LOT of ground to make up if they don't want to go bankrupt.
5. Insignificant posted on 10 Dec 2012, 11:27 1 1
I'm certain a version of the a9600 with integrated LTE was going to be the best chip next year overall. I hope Sony buy them out of this mess.
9. adjou posted on 10 Dec 2012, 16:57 0 0
a9600 is no longer on their product list... Most likely been dropped
7. aokde posted on 10 Dec 2012, 13:16 1 0
please sony buy them! or let intel buy them and contract with intel to provide you chips! please please please...
11. MC1123 posted on 10 Dec 2012, 18:18 0 0
i was actually looking forward for STericsson WP from nokia coz before nokia or STEricsson promise that they will bring a nova thor powered WP on the market...
to make it cheaper and cheap dual core!