Chinese supplier Pegatron has received orders to manufacture 4.7-inch iPhone 6 for September announcement
0. phoneArena 07 May 2014, 09:23 posted on
Taiwan's Industrial and Commercial Times spilled the beans that Apple supplier Pegatron has received 15% of orders to manufacture and assemble Apple's upcoming 4.7-inch iPhone 6. Pegatron will produce 50 million iPhones by the end of this year, including the iPhone 6...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. express77 (unregistered)
Means much more expensive(Not for US).
7. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Sapphire glass front and back would be prestige
15. Sauce (unregistered)
I miss the glass backing on the iPhone 4. Also, my friends LG Optimus was made from glass. The feel, imo, is far more "premium" than metal and plastic.
10. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4179; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I love it, Apple thinks it's only late 2011 or early 2012 with a 4.7 inch phone???
I just hope it looks like a different phone not the same iPhone 4 dry/old design.
Keeping my fingers crossed. :-|
8. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
The iP5s is a great phone
The 6 will be even better with upped specs
20. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1110; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
2GB RAM, even if they recycled the A7 for 2014, would still make it the most powerful handset on the market for 2014.
5. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1006; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Pegatron...isn't that a decepticon? :)
6. alexboy20 (Posts: 18; Member since: 05 Apr 2014)
4s why r they still doing that phone ? And will they stop making 5s?
9. PBXtech (Posts: 980; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Noticed that too. My guess it they will target emerging markets with that model.
12. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3273; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
They sell a lot of iPhone 4/4S to poorer people in the USA as well. They just don't have a handy politically correct term like "emerging market" for these customers.
13. networkdood (Posts: 6274; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Only because of two year contract..otherwise, it is a joke for someone truly poor to buy an iPhone at full price. Especially when one can get an OnePlus or Nexus 5 for 349.00, as well as a ton of other devices for less out in the marketplace.
14. PBXtech (Posts: 980; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
It's been common for Apple to sell three models of the iPhone at a time. The 4S is beyond that though, so I'm guessing emerging markets more than the US. Next iteration should be the 6, 5s, and 5, but they killed the 5 for the 5c. I don't see the 4s fitting in this model Apple has set up for the States.
16. Topcat488 (Posts: 1158; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I wish Apple would move their Headquarters to China or Taiwan and stop using USA for only tax break purposes. 90% plus of the company gives jobs to overseas employees, and this really irks me to the core. Yes, i'll upgrade my iphone to the ip6 this year, but Apple, when will you support your home country more!?! Are you an American Company? Just wondering. O.o
17. Ninetysix (Posts: 1659; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Replace "Apple" with every major company out there.
18. zachattack (Posts: 579; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Apple can't even compete with other major manufacturers at this point.
19. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3273; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Apple is a luxury brand. They aren't competing with other manufacturers more than they are trying to convince people that buying an iPhone is an important, meaningful thing to do for their lives, part of moving up the ladder, "making it", outdoing the neighbor, etc.
Basically buying an iPhone is conspicuous consumption to validate your riches, dreams of riches, or lack of self esteem.
21. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1110; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Or, maybe, just maybe, it is the best phone for some people?
22. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
What phone are you using Napalm
What was your previous phones
24. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1110; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I'm on a 925 testing WP 8.1, right now. I have owned every iPhone since the 3G (Had to leave Sprint for it), every Galaxy S, every Nexus, every LG flagship since the OG, every Note, three BB10's, every GSM Lumia flagship sold in the States, a couple of Verizon Droid RAZR's, the Moto X, Atrix, Atrix HD, a Meizu, an HTC One X, an HTC One (M7), a Samsung WP 7 POS, and a bunch of those I have had in multiples (3 iPhone 5, in different colors and sizes, for an example). My conclusion? There is no right phone for me...yet.
27. number29 (Posts: 185; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Buying an iPhone is the only way to get iOS on a phone. Show me what other phone has iOS, for less, and I'll buy it!
30. marbovo (Posts: 655; Member since: 16 May 2013)
It´s a label phone, most of people buy it because of the fruit label, the same way that people buy clothes because of the label on it. People trying to be better than others for what they have... It's sad we evolved so far for this...
23. sbfalex (Posts: 24; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
just sayin'... it's Taiwanese supplier, not Chinese... big difference there