Chinese scammers arrested for exchanging fake iPhone parts with original ones at Apple
0. phoneArena 15 Apr 2013, 02:30 posted on
After getting the originals, employees at a store that sells iPhones, would wrap the real parts in back covers, put in a battery, and sell them as iPhone 4S gear for a tidy profit. Apple warmed up to the scam recently, informed the store owner and the police, and the shop engineer plus boyfriend were cuffed in the beginning of April...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
I don't see any difference between original parts and not original! All make in China!
Apple USA company! HA! HA! HA!with one year warranty!
2. Dingy_cellar_dweller (Posts: 202; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Sounds like the counterfeit iPhone parts were damaged or not working and replaced with working parts, otherwise why bother.
3. misterbogus (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Apr 2013)
its the chinese.. what to you expect? they're born to scam everybody! XD
4. Shrihari (Posts: 79; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
But some times some of the amazing things are done only by chinese
5. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
like amazing scams
7. misterbogus (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Apr 2013)
yeah.. like that amazing fake fireworks display when they were the host of the olympics.. and also, that amazing girl gymnast which has a fake age.. now let's see, what else did they fake for the sake of profit/fame?
oh! you are aware that they are the source of all counterfeit items of branded items like nike, tommy hilfiger, louis vuitton and the likes?
bottomline is, they don't give a s**t when it comes to intellectual property rights and no one is suing them! AMAZING right?! so yeah, amazing things are done only by the chinese.. i give you props for that..
6. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
CHINA. So, it's expected to happen. The people there, in the name of maximising profit, will use any underhanded tactics.
8. lovenyc8 (Posts: 164; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
apple should be giving work to amercians not the Chinese they got what they looked for