Chinese phone maker allegedly preparing world's slimmest, 5.6mm Android phone
So far, smartphone makers have never broken the 6mm barrier and Huawei’s P6-U06 was the thinnest device out there with its 0.24” (6.18mm) body.
But the upcoming UMeox X5, the 0.22” thin phone, will beat that. Overall dimensions of the UMeox X5 are said to be 118 x 60 x 5.6mm that should translate into a screen of around 4-inch diagonal. Apart from being a great piece of engineering, would you buy such a super thin phone?
15. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
2. JMartin22 (limited) (Posts: 973; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Not for me, personally. I won't speak for anyone else. But I want to feel something solid and sturdy in my hands. I can't imagine how the battery life must be, potentially. I want solid hardware on my devices. These phones keep shrinking too fast and technology isn't advancing for it to compliment it fast enough.
3. p0rkguy (Posts: 683; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Until it's less than 3mm, I don't think it's slim enough. I think that's the point where it draws the line for me and allows me to go "Okay, you can sacrifice potential hardware for this size".
4. joesseth (Posts: 56; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
let me guess... dual core with 1GB ram, 2400mAh battery, jelly bean 4.1.x OS, Huawei?
6. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Too thin, but that design is nice, compared to samsung
16. chocolaking (Posts: 438; Member since: 22 May 2012)
come on, samsung isn't that bad.
9. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
No thank you, one drop and it will break into pieces
This is too thin!
10. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 159; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
a few years later there will be phones with -6 thickness
11. XperiaPrince (Posts: 108; Member since: 25 Dec 2012)
When you realized that most of the chinese phones are more gorgeous than the s4...
12. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
What are the specs? Battery must be weak.
13. poping (unregistered)
make it thinner and maybe we can use it to slice cheese...
14. speckledapple (Posts: 879; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
who cares about slim if battery is not awesome and overall the device is not an improvement over what is current?
17. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
The battery is only 3mm thin in order to fit inside the phone or half of Galaxy S4 battery 1300 mAh.
18. AlMal (Posts: 29; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Plenty of thin and light phones on the market, why to make it even thinner. I guess just to break another record.