Chinese court orders Apple to pay $165,000 for a copyright violation
0. phoneArena 27 Dec 2012, 18:24 posted on
Although it sounds like a fortune, the 1.03 million Yuan that a Chinese court has forced Apple to pay some writers for a copyright violation in the country, is equivalent of $165,000 which is a small drop in the bucket for a company like Apple that has amassed more money in its vault than the GDP of some small countries...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
"Great thieves never get caught" so that answers your question :D
10. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
According to Chinese court they just have caught one. :D
13. JunitoNH (Posts: 1185; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Please chinese just trying to exploit and extort money from Apple. What the heck would Apple want from them, besides the cheap labor.
17. joey_sfb (Posts: 3972; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Apple is guilty alright apple took a cut of 30% from the gang of thieves. A major stake holder in their gang operation.
18. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
But if they are caught then they are not Great :)
19. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
And if they are not great then they are just a thieves? :)
23. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Yeah, a simple misunderstanding like we don't understand your name.
You sound like Jobs!!
That's what's wrong with you hard core Apple fans! You don't even want to acknowledge the fault Apple made even if it's right in front of your eyes... Be a fan if you want to, but know that the company you support can be at fault too.
2. phil2n (Posts: 483; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
How I wish is that apple will pay something like this Weekly
29. hutty24 (Posts: 84; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
you crazy hard core android fanboy even tho your os was made by apple and google and all the fanboy s**t is to make money like biggie and tupac
3. Hammerfest (Posts: 376; Member since: 12 May 2012)
""always updating our service to better assist content owners in protecting their rights.""
When in reality I read: always updating our service terms to better pass the blame onto anyone and everyone else
You can try to disprove me all you want, but its pretty damn clear: ""the tech giant purportedly told the group to contact the developers behind the apps if they had a problem with them""...
SOUNDS LIKE A BIG-FAT NOT-ME GHOST!
30. hutty24 (Posts: 84; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
its not its the person who put it in to the appstore google would say the same thing you fanboy android communist
6. ocilfa (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
While I certainly enjoy seeing apple getting what it deserves, $165k is pocket change to them.
8. cripton805 (Posts: 1133; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
This fine is like giving a 36 year old man a five second time out while watching his favorite TV show.
9. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6975; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
THEY SHOULD OF PUT 1 billion usd for that also
11. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
Slap on the wrist, but apples not above the law
14. JunitoNH (Posts: 1185; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
What the heck are you trying to say? Are you Chinese?