Chinese couple facing charges after selling baby to buy an iPhone
0. phoneArena 19 Oct 2013, 10:22 posted on
The unemployed couple is facing charges by Chinese officials stating that they sold their baby in order to...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9649; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Faking a pregnancy for money and an iPhone. They deserve everything that happens to them.
27. vaibhavaggarwal (Posts: 44; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
and i guess if they had bought a Note 3, it would have been fine with you.
98. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Looks like there is especially pathetic Apple consumers.
2. ilia1986 (unregistered)
iFanboyism has reached new heights.
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9649; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Kind of ridiculous like the guy who sold his kidney back in 2011.
33. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Yes, and the poor guy is now iDead.
70. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Or, on iDialysis, which is almost as bad as being iDead.
6. sniper1087 (Posts: 425; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
Really? Apple isnt promoting anything but sales, just like any other cellphone company, if they are successful, there is nothing wrong with that. They cannot be blamed for other people committing stupidity, like selling a baby for 8k bucks, my other question is what did they spend the rest of the money on?
10. jeff_1 (Posts: 105; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
apple still part of the crime..why?
1. There marketing fools people, leading to "apple iphone is god, sell your everything to get iphone.
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 14088; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Smurf I can't believe he actually posted that they're part of the crime. So by his mindset, me and Louisville Slugger would be part of the crime, if my son used a bat to break a window.
71. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
"...me and Louisville Slugger would be part of the crime, if my son used a bat to break a window."
Parental responsibility probably would result in your having to pay for a new window.
83. darkkjedii (Posts: 14088; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Still doesn't make part of the crime.
85. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Depends. Were you pitching to your son at the time he broke the window?
28. darkkjedii (Posts: 14088; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That's gotta be the absolute most ridiculous thing I've ever read on here, I've read some ridiculous posts.
"apple still part of the crime..why?
1. There marketing fools people, leading to "apple iphone is god, sell your everything to get iphone.
2. Overpriced" you actually typed, read, and posted this?
So if Ferrari makes a sports car, and someone wants it so much, they sale there baby to get it. Is Ferrari part of the crime.
93. cc3493 (Posts: 158; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
-_- reallly? That has to be the dumbest comment i have ever heard.... So if someone makes something good or godly its thier fault when people (idiots) go and sell everything for it? So when HTC marketed one as godly materials or when samsung marketed the gs4/gs3 as penultimate phones or even when ms marketed windows and office in their early years, google and their marketing of android and their web apps, makinng everything godly, if someone went and sold everything, would it be the companys fault or theirs? Or is it just because its apple? SUPER PREJUDICED MUCH! and overpriced? what counts as overpriced to you? The pricing is not just for materials, you pay for service (e.g. quick release of updates compared to jagged release in android) and even app support as well as brand and design etc. Please, next time comment with a bit more foresight...
42. amats69 (Posts: 1217; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
The most stup!d comment ive read today! Congrats youre the winner!
7. jeff_1 (Posts: 105; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
yes buy a note 3 and you will end up burning.
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9649; Member since: 14 May 2012)
So since you want to troll, where were you when iPhones exploded, causing burns to the owners?
14. jeff_1 (Posts: 105; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
i didn't say iphone is burning,,its the note 3.
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9649; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Please provide me with proof about a Note 3 burning. I can guarantee you 100% you can't because you're trolling.
89. jeff_1 (Posts: 105; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
its burning in your head, coz you are acting like a freaking id!@t.
44. techspace (Posts: 806; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
wtf.....a note 3 is more important than the kid?
the note 3 and the iphone will lose their demand in a couple of months whereas the child could create a company that is more successful than apple and samsung combined....you never know
you may be joking, everybody likes jokes but when i think about that kid, it doesn't sound funny at all....living beings come first
this page shouldn't have had any fanboy wars at all.
46. techspace (Posts: 806; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
technology is great...but people are really misusing it.
8. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
this just shows that people are not that smart. and will do just about anything to get a subpar smartphone
20. ilia1986 (unregistered)
You mean a stripped-down feature phone.
49. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
about what? that people are really dumb? i mean, dumb people hurt my head, so yes, i guess i am hurt.
37. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Ay conundrum!! How can you 'strip down' features that aren't there??!
43. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Shows that you're too narrow-minded to consider that people have different personal preferences (Just not here on these forums).
59. darkkjedii (Posts: 14088; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Smurf even though you're banned on 10-22-13 lol, what're your predictions from apple? I ask you, cuz I know the response will be intelligent.
61. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
they sold a baby for an iphone and other things. i dont care that they wanted an iphone. it couldve been another phone. its just people being stupid. did they honestly think that they would get away with it?
17. qiangshengchen (Posts: 23; Member since: 05 Sep 2013)
50,000 yuan (closer to 5,000 yuan),？？？ 50,000yuan(closer to $8,200)
24. 9_HeLLs_oF_DrOid (Posts: 125; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
I don't know but it could be either way - couple really wanted to have a stable family for the infant or this whole thing was the "sinister conspiracy". The headline is a bit misleading as the article clearly said OTHER things including an iPhone.
26. harigrg33 (Posts: 174; Member since: 20 May 2013)
Apple getting such a hype is only coz of the concept video uploaded in the you tube.
45. amats69 (Posts: 1217; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Reading the post of the readers of this article, im really wondering how come this is apple's fault?
60. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Everything wrong in the mobile industry is apple's fault.
63. darkkjedii (Posts: 14088; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude you really want attention don't you? You're acting like a silly little child dude, just stop it. We know you now hate apple after being one of its biggest lovers at one point, and you're now a huge android fanboy. We know that, please just stop it, and enjoy your s3 dude. Here's a green, since that's what we know you're after. +1
53. kassi (Posts: 92; Member since: 25 May 2013)
imagine you get to know that you are adopted and your parents sold you for a phone lol
73. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Yeah, that would be a pretty sh*tty thing to learn. That would be the best argument for confidentiality surrounding the adoption.
65. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
As much as eugenics disgusts me, situations like this make me wonder. The only positive is the baby is now removed from these two unfit parents.
This isn't about iPhones, it's about two people who have totally screwed up ethics, nothing more. I hope the Chinese authorities punish the two idiots to the full extent of what their laws allow.
72. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
"I hope the Chinese authorities punish the two idiots to the full extent of what their laws allow."
What was the crime? Giving their kid up for adoption to a home that probably was better/more loving than they could provide? Being paid $ for giving their kid up for adoption? Surrogate mothers in the U.S. can make $20 to $50 large for being a surrogate.
The birth parents probably circumvented the one-child law, but that is hardly an offense that requires jail time, IMO.
The sensational part is that the birth parents went on a shopping spree with the cash they got. If they just paid the rent and bought 2 years of beans and rice with the sale proceeds, it would be a non-issue.
75. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
If you go through proper channels. They hid the pregnancy to avoid the legal procedures and essentially black marketed their baby for a shopping spree.
81. darkkjedii (Posts: 14088; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude DXD is kinda childish on this article. Normally he's not like that, but oh well.
86. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
So, worst case, the birth family should be executed, their organs harvested by the state and their relatives should be charged for the cost of the bullets used to execute them (full extent of what their laws allow and what-not)?
The birth family really shouldn't be raising kids. I tend to take a libertarian perspective where this is concerned. The kid is in a better situation. The birth parents have been exposed for what they are - opportunistic materialists. I hope they enjoyed the iToy(s).
77. xfire99 (Posts: 582; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Geez, why do everything have to do with Apple? These kind of thing are normal in Asia and they are doing it for money. Not for just to buy a damn iphone. It just happened they bought a iphone for the money and then such a big fuss all over it.
79. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
The things people do for Apple. Whats next..murder?