Chinese company claims Apple infringed on its patent with Siri
0. phoneArena 27 Mar 2013, 11:09 posted on
Zhizhen Technology Company in Shanghai patented voice recognition software called Xiao i Robot back in 2004, well before Siri Inc. was founded in 2007; Zhizhen and Apple are battling in court in the country with the plaintiff saying that once Apple's infringement is confirmed by the court, it will ask Apple to stop manufacturing and selling products that infringe on its patents...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
FINALLY! FINALLY! A chinese company finally sue Apple, I'm waiting for Huawei and ZTE to sue Apple too. Apple deserves it!
16. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 6736; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
It's not Apples fault they make execellent products people want to buy.
18. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Dude, just deal with it. Apple is greedy and evil.
END OF THE STORY!
20. jacko1977 (Posts: 428; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
and dont forget a thief of other people ideas and innovations
26. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
One word --- THIEF.
It's shameful to be caught everyday ... only if there's any SHAME left ...
33. lyndon420 (Posts: 2970; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Everyone hates apple (yes...even you), and it's apples fault.
40. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
With cheap shattering glass which cost them 2$ and charge 50$ to replace! What a rip off
47. tedkord (Posts: 7363; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
But it is Apples fault that they use the legal system in an attempt to preclude others from making better products more people want to buy.
4. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Good luck with that. The SIRI technology predates the 2004 claim of this company (CALO was 2003) and it seems rather more likely that they stole the tech from SRI International or DARPA.
48. tedkord (Posts: 7363; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Sort of like how slide to unlock and multitouch predated the iPhone (along with a rounded rectangle phone dominated by a capacitive screen *cough* Prada *cough*)?
5. Taters (Posts: 4755; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Sweet, it looks like Apple is getting their just deserts. I am hoping it is Samsung finding these companies and paying them to sue Apple.Those hypocrites deserve it.
Now if only we can find someone willing to attack Nokia.
6. MartyK (Posts: 730; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
We can if the US judges get out of Google war, I'm telling you guys Motorola have a lot of patents in the mobile sector, they and AT&T were the first two to bring about hand held devices.
13. cezarepc (Posts: 674; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Moto and Nokia combo can knock almost every phone manufacturer out if they want to.
34. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Grow up. "Attack Nokia"? Why? For defending their IP, of which they have more than anybody in the smartphone game? You act like this is a fight between human beings with emotions like greed, envy, hatred, and love, when it is all about giant corporations that are doing one thing: Chasing the almighty dollar. There is no more nobility in the actions of Google or Samsung than there is in the actions of Apple and Nokia. There is only pursuit of money. At least with Apple, Nokia, HTC, and Samsung, you are the customer. With Google, you aren't the customer, you are the product.
36. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
"With Google, you aren't the customer, you are the product."
Lovely statement. Yes we are a product which they tend to use (and make billions) till we run out of all energy .. @our battery dies :)
43. lumia920 (Posts: 112; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
any company attacking nokia should cound her teeth, because after attack her teeth may decrease....
8. shamataa (Posts: 210; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Hail to the lord and let Apple deserve it. They shall feel the wraith of the gods. they are so done. 3 lawsuits so far and i gotta say i am not sad/mad in fact its a good thing.
9. Bert1 (Posts: 4; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
As much as I dislike Apple, I find it rather amuzing that of all the companies/countries in the world it had to be a Chinese company accusing someone of copying. Isn't China the biggest copier of pretty much all technology? Just sayin.
12. Taters (Posts: 4755; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
China is a knock off capitol but that doesn't mean all Chinese companies copy. You yanks are hilarious, do you actually believe that you are the only innovative culture? lol
I can write an entire essay on this but I won't. In short, yes the economy in China is built so that knock off companies can make a good living and that is probably why there are so many companies in China that specialize in knocks off. Yes, my Culture is cheap with their money and the people like saving money by buying knock offs there, but that doesn't mean the bigger companies are just shameless pirates.
Let's put it this way, if night markets became the norm in North America and the knock off market exploded, that doesn't suddenly make Apple and Black Berry some cheap knock off company because their countries have a lot of knock off companies.
Stop putting a label on an entire country.
44. tedkord (Posts: 7363; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I think the statement was on the irony of the Chinese government, which ignores patent law for its own companies, but enforces it for foreign interests.
10. tedkord (Posts: 7363; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
If there's any justice, the Chinese jury will have a retarded foreman who holds a stolen, overly broad patent who will then explain to the rest of the jury his "understanding" of patent law.
11. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I hope that this company will sue Apple and win! :)
15. lyndon420 (Posts: 2970; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Yes! Frankenstein created a monster, now it's turned on him. And apple figured they could sue the whole universe and get away with it. Keep up the good journalism PA. Show your commentators that this is in fact NOT iphonearena.com
22. Friendlysky (Posts: 54; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Good Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk Apple. Now my prediction will accomplishing in May.
23. jacko1977 (Posts: 428; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
Apple has asked for the case to be dropped
the bully getting punched back and doesnt like it
35. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Of course they have. You know what EVERY company on the face of this planet would do if they found themselves in a similar situation? The exact same thing.
28. linkhatchet (Posts: 13; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Well I hope they make Apple stop production of their devices using that technology. Sucks doesn't it Apple.
31. lyndon420 (Posts: 2970; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
i Robot? So that's where they got the 'iEverything' idea. iSorry you suck apple.
41. Alberto.GM (Posts: 10; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
All this patent war is only Apple's fault, all they did es stop development