Chinese cell phone explodes in manâ€™s pocket
0. phoneArena posted on 07 Apr 2012, 22:41
Mr. Thanit Phongsee is a 55-year-old businessman from Bangkok that got quite a surprise when his cell phone exploded in his shirt pocket...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
14. windowsRocks posted on 08 Apr 2012, 10:43 2 1
Most Of The SmartPhones Do Make Use Of Chinese Battery Which Is The Main Cause For Explosion
3. KingKurogiii posted on 07 Apr 2012, 22:55 13 1
oh yeah because it's your fault if your phone explodes because it got too much sun. boy i swear! some companies can't handle this kind of pressure. xD
4. frydaexiii posted on 07 Apr 2012, 23:04 9 8
Um, why is this news? If it were an iPhone or a Samsung it would be, but this is a chinese phone, the damn thing heats up the moment you turn it on lol!
11. ardent1 posted on 08 Apr 2012, 08:32 2 0
And where do you think the iPhones and Samsung handsets are being made? Try mainland China, hence Chinese phones.
12. frydaexiii posted on 08 Apr 2012, 09:33 4 1
I mean phones like this, the multi sim models that have crazy low QC level. I've couple of friends who use them as secondary phone and many times they'd have to pull the battery just because it's heating up too much.
6. darktranquillity posted on 08 Apr 2012, 01:44 9 0
Thank god that it was not in his trouser pocket.
7. aoikemono27 posted on 08 Apr 2012, 02:26 0 0
Considering the billions of phones that get used and subsequently thrown away every year, it seems the chances of encountering an exploding phone is like getting struck by lightning...thrice. This being a cheap Asian phone in a hot locale, it's probably considered newsworthy since it happens so infrequently, even with the questionable parts.
9. medicci37 posted on 08 Apr 2012, 05:36 5 1
They should just rebrand the phone as the MTM Fire.
10. f1r3z0r posted on 08 Apr 2012, 08:29 0 0
Well I thought he was a businessman!? Save a little money= small explosion in your pocket!
15. rycx365 posted on 08 Apr 2012, 11:11 1 0
"Cell phone explodes in man's pocket"
Looks at picture of nuclear explosion... LOL
16. Bluedroid posted on 09 Apr 2012, 03:27 0 0
What do you except from a chinese product and I heard china is famous for it's fireworks...
17. corps1089 posted on 09 Apr 2012, 08:43 0 0
If Jobs were still around and this was an iPhone, he would have said exploding was an intended feature meant to indicate the user was holding the phone wrong...
18. corps1089 posted on 09 Apr 2012, 08:45 0 0
So... who keeps their cash wad in their front pocket anyway?