Chinese cell phone explodes in man’s pocket
0. phoneArena 07 Apr 2012, 22:41 posted on
Mr. Thanit Phongsee is a 55-year-old businessman from Bangkok that got quite a surprise when his cell phone exploded in his shirt pocket...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
14. windowsRocks (Posts: 149; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
Most Of The SmartPhones Do Make Use Of Chinese Battery Which Is The Main Cause For Explosion
3. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5563; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
oh yeah because it's your fault if your phone explodes because it got too much sun. boy i swear! some companies can't handle this kind of pressure. xD
4. frydaexiii (Posts: 1216; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Um, why is this news? If it were an iPhone or a Samsung it would be, but this is a chinese phone, the damn thing heats up the moment you turn it on lol!
11. ardent1 (Posts: 1991; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
And where do you think the iPhones and Samsung handsets are being made? Try mainland China, hence Chinese phones.
12. frydaexiii (Posts: 1216; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I mean phones like this, the multi sim models that have crazy low QC level. I've couple of friends who use them as secondary phone and many times they'd have to pull the battery just because it's heating up too much.
6. darktranquillity (Posts: 284; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Thank god that it was not in his trouser pocket.
7. aoikemono27 (Posts: 177; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Considering the billions of phones that get used and subsequently thrown away every year, it seems the chances of encountering an exploding phone is like getting struck by lightning...thrice. This being a cheap Asian phone in a hot locale, it's probably considered newsworthy since it happens so infrequently, even with the questionable parts.
9. medicci37 (Posts: 616; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
They should just rebrand the phone as the MTM Fire.
10. f1r3z0r (Posts: 78; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Well I thought he was a businessman!? Save a little money= small explosion in your pocket!
15. rycx365 (Posts: 37; Member since: 18 Mar 2011)
"Cell phone explodes in man's pocket"
Looks at picture of nuclear explosion... LOL
16. Bluedroid (Posts: 57; Member since: 12 Sep 2011)
What do you except from a chinese product and I heard china is famous for it's fireworks...
17. corps1089 (Posts: 492; Member since: 20 Jan 2010)
If Jobs were still around and this was an iPhone, he would have said exploding was an intended feature meant to indicate the user was holding the phone wrong...
18. corps1089 (Posts: 492; Member since: 20 Jan 2010)
So... who keeps their cash wad in their front pocket anyway?