Chinese Government loans ZTE $20 billion for "overseas projects"
0. phoneArena posted on 04 Dec 2012, 06:49
Chinese ZTE has risen to the top five of the world’s biggest smartphone makers, but its ambitions don’t end there…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. asulect posted on 04 Dec 2012, 07:15 4 2
20B loan with no repayment neccessary if ZTE can successfully help China do spying.
7. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 04 Dec 2012, 08:02 1 2
This is certainly something else, a mixture of state patronage and corruption may be.
11. htc_prep posted on 04 Dec 2012, 11:02 0 0
Yea they are thats at least 2 dollars and change (USD) FOR EVERYONE in the world
4. thunderising posted on 04 Dec 2012, 07:43 3 1
ZTE is gonna rule the world.
Hurray to $200 quad core phones! (UNLOCKED)
12. htc_prep posted on 04 Dec 2012, 11:05 1 0
Every government utilizes their cellular companies to"monitor for national threats" Im Going to find the article here on PA that speaks to just how many times the us government has requested call logs sms gps locals an the what not. At least china is SOMEWHAT Open
6. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 04 Dec 2012, 08:00 0 1
There's a cutthroat price war is going on in China, almost every1 is selling phones at lost. The last man standing will be the winner and with the loan ZTE will not be the 1st to fall.
8. Wiki_jaan posted on 04 Dec 2012, 08:09 6 1
every company is spying ..... not only ZTE
Apple is at 1st position
9. ryq24 posted on 04 Dec 2012, 08:41 1 0
and that is why western companies will fall one by one as chinese government-backed companies will grow even further.
10. ibap posted on 04 Dec 2012, 09:16 1 1
This is a WTO issue. ZTE should be classified as a government agency.
For that matter, doesn't the GO series of apps make anyone else uncomfortable too?
13. downphoenix posted on 04 Dec 2012, 14:48 0 0
This is a 2 prong fight:
1) China wants ZTE to come out overwhelmingly on top over HTC, which is a Taiwan company, and China hates Taiwan.
2) They also want ZTE to best Samsung in the mobile market. They know that will be a long road ahead, so this huge loan is to help them acquire the manufacturing and r&d they need to be competitive with Samsung.
This is not about security as the US so proclaims.