China might have just declared cold war on Apple: here is why
0. phoneArena 26 Mar 2013, 07:02 posted on
“China is currently our second largest market. I believe it will become our first.” This is what Apple chief executive Tim Cook said in January, but he probably wouldn’t have said…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
I'm pretty sure that those people who quit Apple will have an even happier live :)
8. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Is that you,,,? Some weeks you're with Apple then the next with Android,,,,?
Go away Apple you bad fruit!
26. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
the whole world would have better world without Apple :), see:
bit [dot] ly/RYzOPP
54. cezarepc (Posts: 609; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
As much as we love Android, Android wouldn't be here without the revolution Apple started.
56. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
No they had bought and planned Android before rotten Apple :-)
But would be a little slower because fans of Apple wouldn't have bought the first iPhones and the world wouldn't have been mistaken by OS that is not even able to copy a file :-)
58. lolioslol (banned) (Posts: 182; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
That's an interesting way to spell "LG". Since they made the first smartphone, the Prada
62. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
but really, to be honest Apple made it faster (1 year?).....but without Apple it still would be better = innovations without obstructs from rotten Apple
2. mydi.maus (unregistered)
3. anupam.chopra (Posts: 17; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
I was under the impression they were after Google and Android......... Interesting..........
9. jinxed (Posts: 107; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
who China?? Are u kidding me!! The ppl der use and love Android so much that, the Chinese Govt is scared they are too dependent on Android!! Their home made phones and companies like oppo,xiaomi etc hav started expanding globally and their govt ll b more than happy to support android
16. techspace (Posts: 778; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
no, they don't like google, they try to prevent google and make their citizens use baidu instead of google search and youku instead of youtube
they have also said that google's control over android worries them
in other words, they hate everything that is made by the others, they want to be the makers, they don't like using other's products, they want the spotlight...
21. jinxed (Posts: 107; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
ohh.. didnt no that..
But I am confused here. With the number of local manufactures producing android phones and some of them even exporting and expanding internationally, isn't Android a good thing for their economy?
44. techspace (Posts: 778; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
we all know that in china, the country comes first, before the citizens...they are superpower hungry,china wants to dominate the world,they are making trillions so they don't mind losing some money, especially if it comes from those devices that run on the software that is built by a company that's based in USA or any other foreign country and google is known for tracking their users...
we don't know what google does with the data that they collect from us(by tracking us)...
its evident that china is wants to do something and they don't want the world to know about it
27. tedkord (Posts: 5263; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Google's control over Android? They give it to anyone who wants it, and anyone can modify it and distribute it further. And anyone who modified and distributes is required by GPL to provide the source code.
If that control over a product concerns them, they must be positively panicked over Apples control of iOS.
38. techspace (Posts: 778; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
google may have open sourced android but they control it and china doesn't like that
they want something that could be controlled by the chinese govt
60. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Dude, do they know that Google "created" android? Do they also know that the "creator" usually has "control " over what they .....created?
Sounds like complete jealousy and Envy if you ask me!
41. techspace (Posts: 778; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
now ios is available only in apple products so they aren't really worried about it and apple is often viewed as a hardware company
but google has web services that could help them track the users, especially though those chinese smartphones and china loves to keep secrets
but as i have already said before they don't like apple or google or any other company that is not based in china...
47. rsxl5 (Posts: 65; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Nope. What they want is to have 100% control over it.
An example would be Weibo thread mentioned in the article that just disappeared ; same as any information on YouKu and Baidu concerning YangRui public comment about getting rid of foreign trash from China.
52. techspace (Posts: 778; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
that's not an excuse,most of the the other countries in the world accept and enjoy services that are provided by the companies that are based in foreign countries
sometimes china does anything to achieve their goals which is wrong
for example, they killed most of the street dogs with sticks to make the streets look "clean", while they could have taken them to some place far away from the city, sterilize them and provide them with basic necessities
and what do u mean by foreign trash? let the people decide what's good for them...
working hard to succeed is a good thing,chinese are working hard which is good for them, but there are certain limits that shouldn't be crossed
33. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Android is open source,as long as people/dev will use the plays store. Google will give android OS for free. That's what i heard.
But for this article, Foxcon is in china, the largest apple assembly line out there. What will happen by then? :)
31. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5954; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I suspect the Chinese govt is an equal opportunity h8r. It comes down to margin. Regardless of what the phones sell for in China, it is more than the contract manufacturer gets to build the phone. That margin is money that leaves the country. If a domestic manufacturer makes the sale, the margin stays in country. Best case, the domestic manufacturer gets to be competitive and sell into the world market. Then more margin comes to China to then loan out to the rest of the world which then becomes addicted to Chinese cash. The U.S. proved the validity of the model. Why not expand it to ensnare the rest of the world?
Chinese mercantile policy v. 2.0
4. jinxed (Posts: 107; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
if apple is really biased, then thats just BAD!
48. rsxl5 (Posts: 65; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Apple stuff cost in China more than US or EU.
So, they want better service than US/EU customers get, ie: getting device replaced for a new one not a refurbished one.
5. _Bone_ (Posts: 2140; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Why do Americans make it political when someone dares to criticize an American product?
36. Aeires (unregistered)
Because China and politics go hand in hand.
64. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Not just product ... even people. Look how they protected Warren Anderson the boss of one of the worst industrial disasters of World .. Bhopal gas Leak.
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 12621; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
This will definitely hurt apple in china. Why would they dog out the place they want to be their biggest market?
10. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Aha Darkjedi you back by PhoneArenas week vacation!
How was you're 7 days holiday,,,?
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 12621; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I missed u, and sadly sithvenger is no more
13. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
They banned you're Sithvenger account!
12. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Hey lyndon420 look whose back: Darkjedi....!
19. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Welcome back from your Spring Break vacation paid by PA!
23. lyndon420 (Posts: 1785; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Hey buddy. How's things? Did you go and get yourself banned or what? What ever happened, I say Mxy did it lol.
49. darkkjedii (Posts: 12621; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly troll I don't why I even bothered. Hope all is well with u tho
18. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Tim Cook's dream of China being their largest market is gone. The world is finally realizing the wrongs of Apple. Apple stock is going to plummet again haha.
22. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
well as a matter of fact every country should be against Apple! Apple false advertises everything! they have no innovation, product diversity over the next gen devices, and above all they dont play fair with competitors. Steve Jobs said he would go to THERMONUCLEAR war against android, and that he would spend every penny of his to destroy it. thats Technological Terrorism!
25. lyndon420 (Posts: 1785; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I hope China goes thermal on apple. Big time. What's that phrase..."Companies who work out of glass stores shouldn't throw stones".
29. lyndon420 (Posts: 1785; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Mxyzptlk will be along to share his infinite wisdom soon, be patient. He always has a way of putting things into perspective.
39. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
No matter how truth it is, he will be in denial!
40. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well I see 2 in here already, think Helmlock, Serious9010, Mxzy, Paulyd, well Taco50 is banned, so few others I forgot there names.,,,,!
35. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Once a thug always a thug ... habits die hard.
42. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
What happened to PhoneArenaTeam?
That it use to post and let alert to users what was allowed to be discussed about!!!
43. xtremesv (Posts: 238; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
Go, go big corporations, keep supporting China and its regime, we'll talk in 20 years how it ended. Sarcasm intended.
45. Leo_MC (Posts: 600; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
2 entities have a point of view; one is a network station - no commment and another is an actor one can't find on Twitter (sorry, Peter, I can't find you).
Yeah, Apple is in serios trouble... not!
46. terabyteRouser (Posts: 452; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
lol learn something about economics and you'll understand why china is doing this.
51. ryq24 (Posts: 534; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
China is pushing its own brand! If this attack on apple is successful then android will be next!