China leads the world in Android and iOS activations
0. phoneArena 21 Mar 2012, 14:30 posted on
China is often associated with inexpensive smartphone operating systems, like Samsung's Bada, but it appears that they have just passed the U.S. in activating Android and iOS handsets...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Makes sense with Android but, I'm surprised with iOS; iThought the Chinese were smart?
5. Shangri-La (Posts: 61; Member since: 04 Oct 2011)
And dont forget those lolPhones are more expensive in China than the US.
18. christianqwerty (Posts: 463; Member since: 05 May 2011)
You just proved the american stupidity stereotype
6. matrix_neo (Posts: 328; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
So what if there are cheap android phones at least some specs of these phones are just the same with iphone and sometimes better than iphone. The chinese people can own and use smartphones without too heavy in their pockets. Yeah apple gaining bigger profits but look those chinese working in foxconn, they cant afford to buy iphone. Theres no need to tell the reason coz you obviously knew it.
12. drtech (banned) (Posts: 135; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
China will be an interesting market. There's so much potential for profit there for these smartphone makers. It will be a real battle there. Apple in insanely popular in China right now and android I'm sure will do well with their strategy of low budget phones.