China launches own GPS rival Beidou
0. phoneArena 30 Dec 2011, 04:38 posted on
China flipped the switch on its Beidou Global Positioning Satellite system and has already started to provide location services for mainland China and the nearby territories…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
Can't they think of a better name? It sounds really funny... lol
but though their GPS sounds funny, China is definitely becoming one of the "Super Powers" of the world.
2. AngusNG12345 (Posts: 37; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
"Beidou" is "北斗" in chinese, which means "compass" :)
3. Bluedroid (Posts: 57; Member since: 12 Sep 2011)
GPS reverse engineered and we get Beidou... When will these Chinese copy cats ever learn... they will always remain as third rate nation... Good for them.
4. -RVM- (Posts: 331; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Like if there's anything to reserve-engineer with satellite navigation systems...
5. RazaAsad (Posts: 100; Member since: 24 Nov 2011)
Bluedroid, What are your accomplishments in life as a person?
Calling a whole nation "third rate nation" is lame.
Please learn to respect people.
Please do not mind my comment.
6. Shangri-La (Posts: 71; Member since: 04 Oct 2011)
Chinese system's accuracy of 10 meters vs US' 20 meters, who is the 'third rate nation' now??
Was your reading comprehension/math taught in one of those "third rate nations"?
7. enjoi45 (Posts: 7; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Well, if this is like most other Chinese products it'll break in about 2 days.
8. Shangri-La (Posts: 71; Member since: 04 Oct 2011)
Don't worry they can always sell things they don't need to the Americans