China Mobile confirms multimillion unit orders for the Apple iPhone; Apple CEO Cook "optimistic"
0. phoneArena 14 Jan 2014, 23:59 posted on
Earlier on Tuesday, we passed along a published report that stated 1.4 million units of the Apple iPhone had been shipped from Foxconn to China Mobile. The world's largest carrier is about to launch the device for the first time, this Friday. Now, China Mobile Chairman Xi Guohua has started to talk about adding the iPhone to the roster of handsets he sells the 763 million subscribers to his network...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. android_hitman (Posts: 591; Member since: 07 Jul 2010)
I call this b*s*it... wait till monday to see actually how many units they sold.
10. Kaiser2007 (Posts: 149; Member since: 16 Nov 2013)
They will sell UP TO 20% of 10%.
Let's say 10% of people there can afford smart phone with data plan, that work out to about 76M. Apple can sell about 20% of 76M, that is about 15.2M. We don't know how many of them already have iPhone and I doubt they reach half of that.
That 20% come from my assumption of Apple market share.
4. androiphone20 (Posts: 1401; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
turns out China has the highest number of billionaires after the US, Tim has every reason to be optimistic
5. PBXtech (Posts: 970; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Definitely, billionaires make up the highest percentage of people on the planet. The people in China that can't afford iPhones are actually a very small minority.
9. Kaiser2007 (Posts: 149; Member since: 16 Nov 2013)
Yeah, small minority. 'Only' 90% of them.
8. xfire99 (Posts: 451; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Dont think billionaires care about what smartphones are popular, also they have money and ways to buy it from 1st release day and dont need to wait China Mobile to release it.
6. COZMAN (Posts: 99; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
False hope. CEO get off of your butt and go live in the R+D Department until we tell you that you can leave!
7. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
Hope it sells well. Good luck Apple with iP5s.
Loving and enjoying mine.
11. ElixieR (Posts: 14; Member since: 01 May 2013)
F**K Apple and Tim C**k and their employees. they doesn't respect Chinese people in their Stores F**K You