Check out this video rendering of a wearable iOS device - is it the future?
0. phoneArena 06 Jul 2012, 14:17 posted on
Designer Federico Ciccarese has produced a fascinating design concept for Apple's rumored curved-screen wearable wrist device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
That Sharp Sh*t will enter into my Skin !!
22. Appleftw (Posts: 2; Member since: 06 Jul 2012)
This device isn't practical at all.. talk about trying to reduce use of you hands to manually carry stuff
27. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
looks like freddy kruegers watch
3. Fallout09 (Posts: 417; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Looks like Apple stole some design cues from Alien's face hugger. I wonder if Ridley Scott patent the design.... I see it now, Apple sues Ridley for stealing their shape when he made Alien in 1979.
5. nak1017 (Posts: 328; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
Why not JUST make it look like a watch?
Did someone patent the watch design already?
28. jroc74 (Posts: 4934; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Probably not....but since Android is on a watch now.....Apple will probably do that and just sue the hell outta Google.
Or Apple will somehow link it back to the that tiny iPod Nano and sue.
35. JessJess (unregistered)
There is already a watch holder for the iPod Nano....
40. jroc74 (Posts: 4934; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Well...that's the end of that then.....lol. Thanks for the info.
6. joseg81 (Posts: 166; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
i wonder if those claws embed in your skin so u can never leave it or change you mind. mayb administering brainwashing drugs directly into your blood stream for more effective control over their "loyal customers/sheep". that POS won't even fit evrybdy. all hands are different. it'd be a b!tch trying to fit each individual person. but then again apple would prolly sell adapters to make it fit different ppl and charge alot for those too.
also for some reason i don't know why it reminds me of the power glove by nintendo.
8. joseg81 (Posts: 166; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
also looks like a rip off of nokia's morph concept
10. imkyle (Posts: 1006; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Looks like something from War of the Worlds.
11. Aeires (unregistered)
Samsung will make something like this long before Apple does, they already have flexible screens that are being tested for such uses.
This begs the question, who's bright idea was to make it so draconian in appearance? Seriously, you embrace technology, not the other way around.
15. Rocksteady (unregistered)
exactly, Samsung's idea and prototype of flexible screen has been out now for a while.
Plus, who is going to wear such a thing?! looks so boyish and silly.
12. cobaltox1 (Posts: 8; Member since: 06 Jul 2012)
the ugliest thing i have ever seen!!!!! and yes ridley scott should sue this guy
16. Aeires (unregistered)
Some interesting designs from this guy.
17. Aeires (unregistered)
I've got a new follower, thumbs down every single post, regardless of content.
Get a life.
29. jroc74 (Posts: 4934; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Its sad....but dont worry about it. Just shows some folks have no life.
Here's one green thumb from me for ya. Now watch how many red thumbs I get...LOL!!!
30. Aeires (unregistered)
I don't sweat immature twits who hide behind computer monitors. There's plenty of mature people on this site who can have intelligent conversations without letting immature OS wars get in the way of courtesy. You can't let the trolls get in the way of that. :-)
18. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
Lol...apple , and getting tech of the future before anyone else? Lol nice try isheeseep
19. roscuthiii (Posts: 1832; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Sure, why wouldn't they? Just another Apple device to buy. Profit profit profit.
I'd rather just have a forearm sleeve I can slip my phone into and out of. Seems more practical. Those little metal bars look pretty and all but also look like a hindrance to dexterity and flexibility. Or even a point of injury.
20. Rocksteady (unregistered)
Plus it's not safe for drivers, both hands off the steering wheel.
Next apple's innovation, the icondom.
23. smdeezy (Posts: 66; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
Those are some Wolverine type claws on that thing! Maybe they're made of adamantium.
25. zackh121556 (Posts: 100; Member since: 01 Feb 2012)
**** Wow must have been too much galaxy S3 talk for PhoneArena to post a fake story like this. But then it is phonearena...would have posted it anyways lol just look at the name of the video "iphone5"??? LAME! ****
26. Rayvelynn (Posts: 123; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
How the heck do you answer the phone on that thing??? This is the kinda stuff Apple would come up with if they run out of ideas or can no longer steal/copy someone elses patent. lol
32. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
If apple sticks to the 1980s icon grid layout in the future, i doubt theyll see much of it...
33. uzairkhan1994 (Posts: 17; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
Comeon as***les....... This thng isnt official yet....its just a concept made by any random youtuber and you all hve started commenting on it being copied and patents and stuff....
37. ntsiotinos (Posts: 16; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
Hell, I'm just gonna chop my hand off and replace it with this device! Can't wait. Now where's my Cheech and Chong video's and my magic mushrooms......
39. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6575; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
some people are really desperate to have these kind of gadgets
42. hothands (Posts: 7; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Doesn't Sony already make a smart watch of some kind?
43. thebest (Posts: 231; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
we can't say what they are planning for the future,they like to keep secrets.......google and samsung like to reveal their future plans unlike apple
44. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 864; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Its a good idea as long it supports blue tooth through any device you already have. I could sync this through my S3 and have the best of both worlds. Like the design but looks uncomfortable and painful. I'd be afraid its going to anal probe me in my sleep and make me buy an ipad.