Check out this sample picture taken with the Nokia Lumia 929
0. phoneArena 27 Oct 2013, 08:51 posted on
The same gentleman who released a short video of the Nokia Lumia 929, has now decided to post a picture taken with the 20.7MP rear-facing camera found on the device; like the camera on the Lumia 1520, the PureView snapper on the Verizon branded Lumia 929 will probably offer you a 5MP sample of each shot for you to play around with and edit...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. likemorethan1 (Posts: 37; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
I want this to be available all around the world. i like the 1520 but it's too big. 5" wit the same specs seem enough for me
3. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 621; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Me too, glad to see Nokia back in the game and shutting the spec whores mouths. The only non Android phones i actually feel tempted to try are the Lumias.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6606; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm not trying to start a war or troll, but before the 1520, Nokia fans bragged how they didn't need specs. Why is it that after October 22nd, everyone joined in on the spec war?
13. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Lol Dont bother with him smurf. He thinks WP can beat ios and android.
21. ArtSim98 (Posts: 1098; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Well it beats iOS easily. Android is a tougher peace of OS to beat.
22. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6606; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I actually prefer iOS over WP simply because of the great number of apps and because I have a Mac, so syncing is pretty much effortless.
16. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Because there's a new "whore" in town and ... :)
25. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
@rusticguy stop advertising yourself on PA
30. Pdubb (Posts: 236; Member since: 08 Aug 2011)
Just my two cents but it just makes it one less complaint. Even if you don't need it, it does take care of one of the negative talking points the detractors were using against Nokia.
31. sergiobr (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Still waiting from something like this far from WP. By while ... Note3. Keeping my S3 with 808 passing photos by NFC.
7. siraj989 (Posts: 17; Member since: 27 Oct 2013)
Well said , I was just about to say the same thing , yes lumia 1520 is very big it won't fit in my pocket 5 inch screen display is perfect with the same 1502 features , really hope they make it available worldwide.
18. akki20892 (Posts: 2639; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
verizon 929 is not international version it just for verizon. But another international version lumia is coming with 5" 1080p, quad core, around 20mp with new tech and one piece aluminium body.
24. Shenoy (Posts: 22; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
yup...n dats wht m waiting for...Nokia Lumia aluminium phablet...ITS GONNA BE GREAT!!!!
35. likemorethan1 (Posts: 37; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
Can't wait for this thing. But i don't like the metal things, i like lumia because its colors
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6606; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm not sure if it's me, but it looks a little grainy near the berries and to the left of the picture.
23. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5276; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Also, there is what appears to be lens flare on the left side.
8. siraj989 (Posts: 17; Member since: 27 Oct 2013)
xperia z1's camera is not that great even know it 20 mpx
9. dil2abu (Posts: 112; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Have u checked the pics after latest update dude?
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6606; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'll answer for him. He hasn't because if he did, he wouldn't make a comment such as the one above.
14. siraj989 (Posts: 17; Member since: 27 Oct 2013)
No not yet , I heard the camera became kind of better after the firmware update ,we'll check it out.
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6606; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Megapixel count means nothing really. Sensor size, aperture and software creates great photos.
HTC One's camera on the other hand...
17. pwnarena (Posts: 708; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
tell that to the pros. megapixels do mean something. they may not be everything but they do mean something. compare htc one's 4 mp ultrapixel camera to s4's or lg g2's plain, no-frills 13 mp shooters and you'll see a big difference in resolved detail and clarity. or to nokia's monstrous 41 mp. more mps mean bigger photos and more details that can be downsized into a smaller but more detailed photo with less noise.
if you don't like big photos, you can always go for the downsized ones which still look way better than htc one's 4 mp ultrapixel.
don't overuse that criticism against higher megapixels. they offer benefits when implemented properly.
28. Shatter (Posts: 1763; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Down sampling always looks better. Go watch a YouTube video in 4k then watch the same video in 1080p. 4k is compressed just as much but since your down sampling from 4x higher detail it is close to blu ray in terms of detail.
32. dil2abu (Posts: 112; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
I agree with you.. My DSLR is only 10 Megapixel and takes awesome pics with more details.. I dono why people always run behind megapixels..
36. elitewolverine (Posts: 621; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Because of good optics and image stabilization. However, bigger MP when all is equal means you have better quality in the end.
Right now camera lenses are near equal, in terms of what they can do, the advantage being carlzeiss. Then you have software. Which can be updated at any time. Then you have MP. When all else is limited, mp matter and matter a lot.
12. N-fanboy (Posts: 477; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
I'm very happy that this phone exists coz while the 1520 is a beast, it hasn't got anything that previous lumias don't haven't have (i blame M$ for that though), it doesn't offer unique things which make use of the the screen. So as a regular smart phone, THIS IS THE SH¡T!!!
26. freebee269 (Posts: 496; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
"I'm very happy that this phone exists coz while the 1520 is a beast, it hasn't got anything that previous lumias don't haven't have"
oh really? so previous lumia's have a 1080p screen, or 3400mah battery, or 6 inch screen, or assertive display tech, or 20mp camera? i could name some others but you get my point. also microsoft has changed some things to make use of the display real estate.
19. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
i just hope it wont suffer with white balance issues, same as Lumia 1020 is suffering at the moment, which has the most unrealistic colours
27. freebee269 (Posts: 496; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
it's crazy how the lumia 1020 has the most unrealistic colors (as you say) yet it wins for best camera in a smart phone. these other sites and professional photographers that have made articles about the camera must not know what they are talking about and should have used your expert opinion instead.
29. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 944; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
The only thing unrealistic thing going on are wicpromd's bogus comments about the Lumia 1020. I'm willing to bet that he/she doesn't own this device...
34. papss (Posts: 3375; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Oh don't be but hurt that the z1 didn't destroy the 1020 like you were saying before release.
33. N-fanboy (Posts: 477; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Lol why quickly jump to specs (and btw the 1020 has a better camera but i'm sure you're aware of that)??? I'm talking about software features and apps which take advantage of the screen like say.. A split screen multi tasking.
37. elitewolverine (Posts: 621; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
I thought split screen would be awesome, truth be told, I have used it only to show it off on the note 3, it has done nothing for productivity.
5.5 split is 2in display....nothing is getting done there. Perhaps I am 'slow', or that I work faster when I get things right there in front of me without other things to mess it up.
Yes split screen apps was something I wanted badly, now that I have it, I never use it and find it rather useless. IMO that is.
What do I do on my phone (925)? Word, Excel, PP, gaming, notes, and social. What do I do on my note 3? not much, youtube and Netflix.