Check out this Indonesian ad for the BlackBerry Z3
The BlackBerry Z3 was launched on Tuesday, and with a trio of carriers in the country already selling out their pre-orders, it would appear that the handset is off to a great start. BUZZ! Sorry, we used those same exact words when all of the glowing reports came in following the launch of the BlackBerry Z10 in the U.K. and Canada last year. And the manufacturer ended up having to write off nearly a billion dollars worth of units collecting dust in the warehouse.
The second video in the slideshow below includes one that shows a long line of Indosat customers waiting for their BlackBerry Z3. Has BlackBerry hit a home run here with their first Foxconn developed handset? Once burned, twice shy. Perhaps we should wait to see some official numbers from BlackBerry before we jump to any conclusions.
Speaking about conclusions, how did our four youngsters, uh, make out in the Z3 ad? You can find out by viewing the video below.
Indonesian ad for the BlackBerry Z3 Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
LG G3 - 40 Tips & Tricks for LG's most powerful smartphone ever
25 Jul 2014, 01:36
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
LG G3 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: vote for the better phone
25 Jul 2014, 06:01
5 Android L themes, launchers and icon packs to install while you wait
25 Jul 2014, 03:23
The best Android browsers, 2014 edition: design, features, and performance
23 Jul 2014, 09:49
Indonesian ad for the BlackBerry Z3
source: Indosat (1), (2) via Nerdberry, Crackberry
1. corporateJP (Posts: 1520; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Alpha and Jedi shoe up here in 5...4...3...2...
3. akki20892 (Posts: 3255; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
I feel sad for blackberry & nokia.....
BB done great job
22. Manti123 (Posts: 104; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
Nokia will revive in 2016. Don't worry!. Many many people want and love Nokia, but BlackBerry sucks and no one wants it, just the little trolls fan base.
35. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Congrats on hitting the hammer right on the head of the nail
4. Arte-8800 (Posts: 3094; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Nicolas Oliver Apiskula johnnokia ajanti
10. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Don't forget Just.Saying and Manti123
36. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
And yourself, your own bio says that, plus i found your instagram account and boy was it filled with blackberry photos, bb fanboy sheep?
57. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
I found yours too, and DAMN! You are one UGLY mo-fo!
But more importantly, you're admitting to stalking me on the Internet. That's SICK. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're not my type. I shall now report you to the proper authorities.
87. DigitalJedi_X (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
Whoa whoa whoa whoa!! Dude went and stalked you?? Was he hoping to get a date or something??? That's some real life Fatal Attraction sh*t right there!! To go so far as to hunt you down on the internet?? Wow!! Then I'm sure he knows we're twin brothers by now yo. Luckily, my Instagram is private.
Some serious stalking @ss dudes on here yo!
140. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
That explains why you are always in his favor. Apparently you two are brothers.... Didn't see that coming
I thought you were just a random blackberry fanboy
12. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Hey, pass some of that popcorn this way. I enjoy snacks with a good show.
120. AJagtiani (Posts: 357; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
Hey digijed, provide alphatroll with some snacks and SHAKE.
151. Chrisyahya (Posts: 42; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
dont forget to buy popcorn jumbo size, because this conversation is so interesting.
26. Johnnokia (Posts: 464; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Which phone was the guy with the blue shirt holding?
The design is awesome .
Good luck BlackBerry. Hopefully they can regain the US marketshare.
41. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Blackberry davis or curve 9220, cheap crappy plastic qwerty vga Phone whose keyboard produces nasty sound when clicked
21. Manti123 (Posts: 104; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
One troll in two accounts .. trolling in every BB article.
2. tridentcore (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Not surprised for Indonesian market as known as Blackberry Nations.. My country awkward tradition if related to Blackberries handset.. they buy and they show off even doesn't know what features inside.. you may know when visiting Indonesia, take a look for random teenager using Blackberry, only BBM they will ever use whatever the BB model they owned. And don't panic if they can't (or didn't know) how to send email with their BB. No offence but that's the reality in my country. Sorry if my English is bad.
23. Manti123 (Posts: 104; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
Read more about Blackberry market share in Indonesia. You will their market share is in free fall. It reached to 4% right now.
47. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
90% of my friends who had a blackberry have now switched to an iphone or samsung
54. Gamas_K (Posts: 60; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Most of my friends who had a BB now swtiched to oppo. They said oppo was quite cheap and quick...
59. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Learn English. It helps when trying to get your point across.
69. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
pls refrain from telling people to learn english in order to get their point across when you can't even get your point across because whatever you say it won't change the current state of affairs for bb, blackberry is dying, get over it, deal with it, accept it, live with it. no matter how many data/statistics whatever it is blackberry has in fact a less-than-one-percent slice of the pie (at least stateside), and please don't bring the "enterprise market" into the conversation cos that's a different topic altogether, enterprise market isnt as important as the consumer market
saying that blackberry still has its feet on the enterprise market means you're admitting that bb = niche player
70. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
And by continually stalking me on PA you're admitting that you're a stalker. Get a life, boy toy. And you're telling me to refrain from doing something? Why don't you try and make me.
73. AJagtiani (Posts: 357; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
Trying to make you is a job only reserved for digitaljedi.
28. spetakl (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 May 2014)
South-east Asians in general have a habit of thinking they are not like others, i odnt know why but thats how it is. Go some more years back, when Nokias marketshare was in free fall worldwide, both Indonesians and Filipinos kept posting that "Nokia is so strong here, our people love it, Nokia will never fall here, this is Nokia territory", and shortly after Nokia did indeed fall, first in Philippines and then in Indonesia. As usual it turned out that they were just like everyone else, but noone will ever admit to it, the traditional belief that "its different here" is burried too deep in the South East Asian mentality.
39. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Couldn't agree more, back when blackberry was still sitting in the throne here people were so obsessed with blackberry, everyone wanted one coz if you didn't own one it would be very hard to communicate with others.
Ever since bbm landed on ios and android things have changed significantly, now more and more people are gradually switching to android or ios. Blackberry, what was once a status symbol here is now a source of shame, heck even my once blackberry fanboy friend is now rocking an iphone (albeit, the 4 one)
People, particularly teenagers bought blackberry for the sole purpose of being able to use BBM, they didn't give a fuss about what processor it had, what type of display it was, as long as i can use bbm everything is fine and dandy
46. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Blackberries used to fly off the shelves here, now? It is a source of shame..
5. fzacek (Posts: 1242; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Does BlackBerry really expect to exist for another 5 years. All of it's phones, incuding the Z3, have horrible specs and value for money. BlackBerry is dead meat...
7. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3224; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I don't expect them to last another year.
24. Manti123 (Posts: 104; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
Blackberry is done by the end of this year
13. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
15. fzacek (Posts: 1242; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Not trolling. Just stating the inevitable facts...
17. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Meet me here a year from now today and we'll see if you're a true fortune teller or not. You think they're going to die out. I think they're going to thrive and get much better. You have your opinion, and you're welcome to it. I have mine.
18. fzacek (Posts: 1242; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Hmmm, they don't exactly seem to be rising from the ashes. Just saying...
20. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
That's your opinion. I'm not gonna engage in a long, drawn out battle of words with you as you will never see my point no matter what facts I pull out. Seeing is believing. So as I said, let's meet here a year from now and then we will see.
49. Manti123 (Posts: 104; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
Are you mad alphageek?
You just keep fighting with anyone says facts about BB that you don't like
16. tatail (Posts: 215; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
Do you know who asked this exact question two years ago? Oliver and the rest of his gang. And to surprise you all BlackBerry still has enough cash to last years without working their asses off or producing anything to make money. Just by burning cash they can last another long while.
So, just like specs don't matter to Apple, specs don't matter to BlackBerry at all.
19. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
^^^This^^^!! Plus one to you. I remember people predicting the demise of BlackBerry on this very site 3 years ago.
3 years later...BlackBerry is still here...
25. Manti123 (Posts: 104; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
A company that sold less than 3 millions phones in a quarter and loss billions of dollars in writing down its products is called ''Technically Dead''
An OS with less than 0.1% worldwide market share is called ''Epic Fail''
30. tatail (Posts: 215; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
An OS that is bug free but has as per your say is 0.1% is not going to be a bigger fail than an OS that is malware magnet and populates more than half of the worlds smartphones. That is what I call epic fail.
131. tatail (Posts: 215; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
You should try it if you don't believe me.
88. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
These trolls just don't know the truth!
+1 to you again, tatail!
32. NewBBUser (Posts: 6; Member since: 08 Mar 2014)
Judging from the way you behave toward a company who's trying to revive, I'm gald I'm rooting for the underdog. I can't imagine myself being an ignorant, brain-washed, fanboy like you.
50. Manti123 (Posts: 104; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
Feel sorry for you. Everyone jumped away from the sinking ship and you went inside it. RIP honey
91. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
And a plus 1 to you, NewBBUser!
These trolls just don't understand that we know BlackBerry is going to make it and that we don't care what they like or what the say, we support BlackBerry anyway.
40. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Given that they've been spilling red inks over the past years i don't think they'll make it
Some fanboys will beg to differ though. Right alpha?
8. KillerKeyboard (Posts: 305; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
I was waiting for 20 clowns to appear.
9. N3Z1droid (Posts: 77; Member since: 02 Jan 2014)
I prefer use Z2 for bait girls (*fly away)
29. spetakl (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 May 2014)
Lets just say that if you cant get a girl without a Z2 then you cant get one with a Z2 as well. Heres my advice: Be modest about your own phone (unless she specifically ask) but show interest for the girls phone (of course without looking like a snatcher), and dont say anything bad about her phone, if its lets say a Galaxy Y then dont let let your eyebrows sink in disapproval but keep them up and say like "really, nice one", and give compliments if she put a custom cover or decorations on it, and comment on the wallpaper or what ever.