Check out these convincing concept renders of the affordable iPhone
0. phoneArena 21 Mar 2013, 03:37 posted on
Dutch artist Martin Hajek, whose iOS device renders often turn eerily similar to the actual gear when it gets announced, now got to work making a concept of the rumored budget iPhone, in both 4" and 4.5" versions...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
18. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
True the iP5 is. But I like the way the iP4+iP5 has a rear flat back design, like no other's. If they only not made it with cheap glass and instead use Sapphire or Dragontrail glass.
25. jsdechavez (Posts: 651; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
looks really cheap..looks cheaper than the knock-offs.
35. phonemonkey (Posts: 135; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
since the device got design of the year...
37. jcarrigan (unregistered)
I acutally love the colors and it they shine...too bad their iPhones lol
2. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 133; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Looks like Nokia has set a new trend. I love it, and I didn't expect the iPhone design to benefit so much from just a splash of color.
9. illusionmist (Posts: 71; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
They have been doing colors since the first iPod mini from 2004.
13. PhoenixWright (Posts: 99; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
And since when did they apply colors for their phones?
I'll give you a Million bucks that it wasn't in 2004. AHAHAHA.
16. ankitp (Posts: 25; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
i hav modified my iphone 4s colour to blue and it's great
36. Laura90 (banned) (Posts: 20; Member since: 24 Feb 2013)
Fortunately, Nokia had started this trend.. Otherwise, it would have been a patent if Apple started production colored phones.
4. RapidCat (Posts: 340; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
now i understand why iPhone only have 2 colours
5. GeekMovement (Posts: 1135; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Apple should just stick with their one device and focus on the software instead of dull looking hardwares on these dreadful designed devices. Btw, apple is going plastic. iFans are going to eat their words criticizing Samsung all the time.
17. Hemlocke (unregistered)
IF Apple goes plastic, it will be for a low-cost device for emerging markets. The flagship iPhone is not, and will not be, made of plastic. Samsung "fans" cannot say that. The iPhone once was, but then Apple grew up.
6. frydaexiii (Posts: 1133; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
lol, it's like they delibrately designed it to look like a ugly thick slab of cheap fugly plastic...Even the 3GS didn't look this bad
19. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
The 3Gs was made of plastic, the back panel that was used®
7. limonline (Posts: 3; Member since: 21 Mar 2013)
it looks cheap, like a china branded phone =__=
8. rizevnarastek (Posts: 300; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Albeit being afordable... who would want to buy an iPhone when there's so many good droids out there ;)
12. PhoenixWright (Posts: 99; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
Ahhh, Ohhh, Ummm, Ehhh, S'that it?
it ummm, AAHAHAHH, looks, ummm, AHAHAHA, terrible..!
but surely it will appeal with the population that wants a cheaper Apple phone regardless of what it looks and this will also appeal with somebody who likes the colours.
I personally hate them, But I can say some people do love the very sexy red.
Now, if only the design matches with the color OR vice versa for that matter.
15. palmguy (Posts: 123; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
It's going to kill the exclusive expensive Apple image. Like getting a BMW at the Kia dealership.
20. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4208; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Picture 3 looks like the iPod Touch 5th gen...
22. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3742; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Uhhh.... The design..... I'm gonna throw up!
23. rickywinataa (Posts: 261; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
IMO, people don't need that a new cheap iPhone. it will only make the iPhone name turns sour. sell iPhone 4s for a lower price, it's still a good phone for people who want to use apple devices
31. taikucing (Posts: 609; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
iPhone is already cheap. You know, the cost to make an iphone is less than $200.. It's the apple logo that makes it expensive, not the hardwares (read: OVERPRICED). If it carries other logo, for example xiaomi or foxconn or other chinese name, the retail price is probably less than $350. But don't worry, iPhone is still made by foxconn, which is known for lower quality than Asus & Gigabyte in motherboard industry
34. rickywinataa (Posts: 261; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
I'm certainly not an Apple fanboy. But do you actually know who makes hardware for Asus ? It is foxconn.
Are you expecting phone that was made for $200 will be sold at $250. They need money profit, paying their employees and to pay the expenditure from development and advertisement
38. taikucing (Posts: 609; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
"I'm certainly not an Apple fanboy."
you are obviously an apple fanboy. I you aren't, why do you defend them?
yeah, xiaomi & oppo whose better hardwares than iphone don't cost that insane... Even compared to the expensive android phones like samsung or htc, iphone is still considered overpriced.
should I mention other apple products which are overpriced? macbook, ipod, mac mini, imac... they are insanely overpriced. I can get a better spec PC with the same price.. I don't want to pay much for a logo, I want to pay for the hardwares.
39. rickywinataa (Posts: 261; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Do i have to become an Apple fanboy to defend Apple in some circumstances ? I'm replying this comment to you using an android tablet and i own an android phone. The previous comments are my opinion and you're welcome to disagree with it but it doesn't mean you can go around and call me an Apple fanboy.
Here is the thing okay, if a product is over priced and you don't like it, don't buy it. but there are people who will want to buy it. Apple has never been selling a real hardware, they're selling an ecosystem running on high end gadgets. iOS is not the most advanced mobile operating system in the world but probably it is the simplest one to use on daily basis
26. avin007 (Posts: 123; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
To be successful with this phone.....apple has to launch it only in india,china and asian markets not in the us market.....it will look crap if people see a iphone3gs suceeding ip5.....
28. Aeires (unregistered)
I'll call it here, right now, the plastic iPhone model will NOT get points deducted in the overall score for not using premium material in the build. It will probably get points added for using a "revolutionary" fiberglass composite, which is just a fancier way of saying "plastic."
30. rusticguy (Posts: 2701; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
So you mean you are looking at a PA score of 9.5 for this?
33. Aeires (unregistered)
At least a 9.
29. moronman66 (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
My first impression is that it looks like it was manufactured by Nintendo. Why does anyone want a cheaper iPhone? Isn't it supposed to be premium? I understand that it would be reaching a whole new market, but the iPhone is supposed to be something that makes you look good, or at least that's what I get from it, and if you had a cheap iPhone that would make you look equally as cheap perhaps? It's like getting a cheap knock-off
32. TheKookiemonster007 (Posts: 11; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
pretty cool i can see that the language is in Dutch !!!