Check out the first hands-on for the LG G Flex and watch the back cover self-heal
0. phoneArena 11 Nov 2013, 20:57 posted on
The LG G Flex is supposed to launch tomorrow, Tuesday, in South Korea. On Sunday, we showed you a promotional video along with some pictures of the accessories being offered for the device. Today, we have a hands-on video from France which is obviously not in English. Keep in mind that what you are looking at is a 6 inch screen although resolution is 720 x 1280. The combination works out to a less than spectacular 245ppi pixel density...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
I hope they will be more CURVE screens will follow with other COMPANIES in the next year or two
11. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3655; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
And also other flexible hardware inside to make the phone real flexible. BTW brilliant self-healing concept.
18. couponk (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Nov 2013)
Fully Translatated videos about LG G Flex and all functions
2. mturby (unregistered)
take that sammy, that is a REAL FLEX phone (+self healing). Think twice before trying to sell us a stupid galaxy round as a flexible phone. GO GO go LG, SHOW em what u've got!
3. maherk (Posts: 2839; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Samsung didn't market the Galaxy round as a flexible phone, they marketed it as a phone with curved screen, that's all troll!!
Although I do agree that Flex is a much, much, much better concept than the round, I would never underestimate Samsung.
5. N5110 (Posts: 13; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
Yeah, don't underestimate Samsung from copying ideas. It's their trademark.
14. _Bone_ (Posts: 2151; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Do they also have a time machine to copy the G Note app, G View cover, G Flex concept, G Beam, G Voice, G camera app, G multitasking, G gestures and go back in time and release the S versions months before LG does?
4. fay99 (Posts: 88; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I wonder if it can be 100% healed, or there will be some mini scars
15. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
It looks like the second test has left some scratches.
7. E.S.1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Well, I guess my LG G2 that I bought last Wed is going back and I will wait for this... or maybe not. I'm not sure.
12. GrapeEyes (Posts: 248; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
This is all wrong!!
LG are suggesting this is flexible by using the word "FLEX" however it is not, it is "curved". This is just a half done job and not truly flexible!
Flexible = capable of bending EASILY without breaking.
13. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
dude,, it's flexing.
didn't you see the first video?
good job to LG.
20. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
He got grape eyes, that could be his problem
16. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Watch the video! Although it is not THAT flexible, but everything has to begin from something
17. buccob (Posts: 2345; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Now I really want a drop test for this device... flexible display, plus self healing back.... this phone is probably going to destroy every drop test available (except against Nokia 3310)
19. Pancholo (Posts: 380; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
After reading all the comments, why do I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't want a "real flexible" phone? :c Maybe just the screen to make it more resilient, but not an OMGZICANBENDTHESHIZOUTOFTHIS phone.
22. buccob (Posts: 2345; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Well for me it is the same reason to get a Waterproof phone like the one I own... the extra safety and bit of confidence that you can use the phone even if its raining, on the beach, pool, shower, kitchen, etc... and waterproofing tend to make phones a bit more resilent
The upside for a flexible screen for me is the ability to survive drops, not just that I can bend it, that is not useful at all...
And the self healing back is genious... no cases. Just how I like my phones.
21. PK1983 (Posts: 215; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
The screen resolution is disappointing, but the rest of the phone looks awesome.
If it is less than $900 in the US I would definitely consider this.