Check out the first Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Note Edge camera samples compared with the competition
0. phoneArena 03 Sep 2014, 14:20 posted on
Immediately after Samsung was finished with its presentation, us and hundreds of other people rushed towards the demo area to try and get some hands-on time with the company's new top shelfers. Samsung served us a little surprise this time around, by releasing not just one new Note model, but two. And the second one is quite intriguing, indeed...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
13. spin9 (Posts: 185; Member since: 31 May 2014)
I don't care what payed fans say. What I see on theese photos is:
Note 4 although is better than S5, still inferior in dark shoot against its
Photos in areas well lit look oversaturated with a contrast that burns whites
(tables and objects, shirt of the guy on the left) look ip5s.
BUT I'll wait for the real shooting tests
17. Ashoaib (Posts: 2713; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
you are saying exactly what paid critics of samsung says
24. spin9 (Posts: 185; Member since: 31 May 2014)
Put every photo in a separate tab in your browser and see for your self. Then give me arguments
27. Ashoaib (Posts: 2713; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
I have done that already thats why I already praised lumia in below comments and already criticised iphone
36. sergiobr (Posts: 524; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
I´m a Note 3 user and I love Samsung phones, but I have to say ... at 100% (or above) the photos in Sammy products are disappointing ! 1520 is better and no Android can face it. Just my old 808 can do best. Keeping my Note 3 until Note 5 (I hope so), I was expecting IP57 and better low light photos. I allways carry my Sony RX100 with me to take real photos.
16. rd_nest (Posts: 1093; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
The dynamic range specially on last set of comparison shot is very good.
Samsung traditionally goes for better dynamic range compared to higher exposure. Their photos may look like having less exposure compared to other vendors, but they always have higher contrast in photos and reduce glare and aim for better dynamic range.
2. Busyboy (unregistered)
Wow... Puts every mobile camera to shame.
10. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Looks like the person who took these photos is a fanboy, as if he intentionally took bad photos with 3 of the phones, as they all have way better potential.
11. robert26101 (Posts: 102; Member since: 21 Mar 2014)
Oh please. Keep up with those excuses.
15. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Excuses? Just saying all photos from all current phones don't take pictures like that lol. Sorry to insult you, fanboy.
20. robert26101 (Posts: 102; Member since: 21 Mar 2014)
Hate to bust your bubble but I am no fanboy. I bounce around between different phone manufacturers. But you keep on with your bad self. Bye Felicia!
19. Ashoaib (Posts: 2713; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
look like the person who took these photos is not a fanboy of anyone, as if he has taken the best photos he could.... thats why the photos with Lumia are seems to be the best and the photos from iphone 5s are the worst... Note 4 and edge are after the lumia and better than rest of all
21. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
The Lumia THE BEST? Are you high bro? They look terrible, but could be the best, definitely could be a lot better AT LEAST. Hence my OG comment.
23. Ashoaib (Posts: 2713; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
yes, look at the first photo of lumia... others, may be due to shortage of time and high gathering, not taken with proper angle and adjustment
26. Ashoaib (Posts: 2713; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
zoom in the photos of lumia and see how detailed they are...if we consider your notion of fanboy then the photographer is a fan boy of someone else not samsung bcoz note 4 and edge does'nt have a clear fild of view in starting shots... plz dont just be a blind critic, pay some attention on the photos and then feel free to criticise whatever you want... others can easily see that you are just blindly criticising
28. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
No one takes a photo and analyzes it with every detail nook and cranny. First glance is the most important glance. Don't be a try hard geek.
30. Ashoaib (Posts: 2713; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
then please dont just criticse out of a habit or out of a first glance...
35. Ashoaib (Posts: 2713; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
this is what you are... now you are caught trolling so no other word except saying go home or go there... do you have any other thing to say?
you are busted bro :p
3. doejon (Posts: 386; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
this is a real smartphone man its smart in everthing :)
4. wilsong17 (unregistered)
Holy moly those look sick can't wait go to tmobile already
5. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2018; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
At&t bring it on!! Note edge or no note!!!
7. ManusImperceptus (Posts: 718; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
These photos vary wildly from device to device; I'll hold my breath until I see a proper comparison...
12. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1058; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
This, but low light performance of this seems way better than the S5, fingers crossed as that was the only bad point of the S5's camera.
8. yahia_malka (Posts: 186; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
Afraid if Lumia 1020? Hahahahah , btw excellent camera;)
18. twens (Posts: 842; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Once again sammy kills everyone. The iPhone is already dead before launch. I repeat myself again, sammy has eaten into apples sales. Only strong ifans will pick the iPhone over the note series.
22. Ashoaib (Posts: 2713; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
no man, its very diffult to teach izombies that iphone is a low end/mid range device packed in a nice looking aluminum... I hope they will realize soon
29. medtxa (Posts: 699; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
no, because they don't see tech gadget like we do.
25. drazwy (Posts: 166; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
Dunno. Not impressed with the Note 4. I like the note 3 shots better, and i hate the note 3 camera. Except the 2nd set where it doesn't seem to have the same object focus. I'll take the G3 out of all of them.
32. gigaraga (Posts: 1422; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Awesome new OIS in the best camera to date.
34. SayMobile (Posts: 67; Member since: 29 Jan 2014)
these babies are display unit and the overall quailtiy is obviously gonna improve on the final retail units . Way to Go Note 4
38. janno (Posts: 78; Member since: 19 Aug 2014)
You're clueless about comparing different photos, Phonearena.
39. janno (Posts: 78; Member since: 19 Aug 2014)
That being said, iPhone 5S one seems the worst there.
40. Ace0fSwords (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Oct 2014)
Not impressed, to be honest. I'm a Note 3 owner and while the camera performs well in situations where there is a lot of light, and is acceptable when there is a medium amount of light (like that show floor), its low-light performance is among the weakest of the flagship phone cameras -- if there was just a little less light in those shots I would expect the camera's performance to plummet dramatically. Why do I think this? Well, the Note 4 camera looks almost exactly like the Note 3 camera, right down to how the camera's processor handles noise and artifacts, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between them. I eagerly await a more thorough comparison of the phone cameras and hope that I am proven wrong.