Check out the box for the Sprint LG G3; Sprint model to feature 3GB of RAM
0. phoneArena 04 Jul 2014, 21:10 posted on
Images of the box for the Sprint version of the LG G3 have leaked. For those who are green (not with jealousy, but environmentally) the box is printed with soy ink. While the box looks nice, surely you're more interested with the device inside the box, and we have some really good news in that area. Sprint customers will be receiving the version of the phone with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of native storage...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Alan01 (Posts: 298; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
The model with 32GB of native storage has 3GB of RAM, as confirmed on other leaks.
23. TheGenius (Posts: 339; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Maybe its tailor made for sprint with 2 gb ram and 32 gb rom?
If model with 32gb native storage has 3gb ram then.. the model with 2 gb ram has 16 gb native storage and we know it.
So maybe the possibility is as I stated above or this is fake or we cannot be sure about this picture right now.
6. Kaze105 (Posts: 21; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
16Gb, which is 16 giga bits = 2 giga bytes as andhraking17 says above.
5. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Why does LG list it as supporting up to 2TB? The first 128GB microSD came out this year...
Technically any recent phones with a microSD slot can support up to 2TB, if it can't its a software limitation.
7. egbtmagus (Posts: 91; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
The 32gb will be the only model available in the US. The G3 can technically support up to 2TB theoretically when cards reach that size.
8. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
That is a spec of the microSD slot not the phone, any phone with a micro SD should support up to 2TB unless their is a software limit.
Now every new phone with a microSD is going to "lie" it supports up to 2TB even though the largest cards available are 128GB.
9. gehrig (Posts: 290; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
First no logos, now 32gb and 3gb of ram… the Sprint G3 is the best!
17. Goldeneye (Posts: 379; Member since: 22 Jan 2011)
Too bad the carrier sucks!
And once the phone is out Sprints are the cheapest to buy on places like eBay and Swappa, wonder why.
18. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Disappointing for a device thats much newer than the note 3 which is basically the same specs with an FHD screen instead of WQHD. I consider having a 1440p display a con since it is a waste of battery life/GPU power. The Note 3 and even the G2 offer better performance than the G3 because of the screen.
Also all Note 3 variants have 3GB ram and the lowest size is 32GB on most carriers world wide.
The Note 4 will be out this fall to show LG how its done.
25. wumberpeb (Posts: 452; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
It's basically a Note 3? Seriously? Go home
10. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
k, ready to rage and set fire to villages if i see verizon get the s**t 2gb ram version
13. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
No 3Gb Ram version for iTaly...?
11. 360crest (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Jun 2014)
Please am lost, what's the display size, is it a phablet, or a tablet, am so sure that a 3GB Ram phnee would be a 7-inch screen phone, for game plays and many more.
14. goojman (Posts: 56; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Can't wait til this beast comes to At&t. Too bad their not going with the 805 chip though. Not that the 801 is a slouch or anything.
15. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Just an overclocked S801 2.5ghz to 2.7ghz. Just use a custom Rom with kernels and overclock the Cpu. The Gpu on the S801, is clocked at 550mhz, overclock it to 700mhz, which will preform like the S805. Also you will need to change voltage circuit settings, and alter floating points.
19. alaw.14 (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
Actually it is not an overclocked s801. The s805 has some serious gpu power. For example on 3d mark, the lg g3 with s801 gets a high end tablet score which is about 15,000-16,000. The s5 lte-a with s805 gets a s800/s801 phone with fhd score which is about 19,000+. With krait 450, its about 7-14% more powerful. S805 gets about 3200+ on geekbench 3.
20. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
S800 Gpu at 450mhz 100 gigaflops
S801 Gpu at 550Mhz 130 gigaflops
S805 Gpu at 750Mhz 160 gigaflops
21. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
The S5 Exynos on Antutu scores 39000, only clocked at 2.0Ghz, with Mali Gpu, clocked at 550Mhz
16. rallyguy (Posts: 620; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
$100? Hmmm, if this applies to upgrades and not just new customers this will be exciting.
24. Reynolds1 (Posts: 34; Member since: 17 Jun 2014)
Good to hear, can finally put the inferiority talk to rest
26. poppany75 (Posts: 9; Member since: 25 Dec 2008)
Great but no extra battery, no charging stand, no quad beats headphones. Lose LG