Check out the Galaxy S4's beautiful and completely recyclable retail box
0. phoneArena 12 Apr 2013, 07:19 posted on
With its newest devices like the Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 8.0, Samsung is also introducing a new product packaging design. The new Samsung boxes look pretty awesome, but what's even cooler about them is that they are made of 100% post-user recycled paper, and are printed using soy-ink. In short, they are completely recyclable and environment-friendly...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
17. omar300 (Posts: 209; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
for $700 we get a recycled box and plastic phone. nice.
21. PhoenixWright (Posts: 102; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
No wonder why earth is getting way too polluted. This is the kind of mentally that keeps earth soo pulluted.
25. tmcr7 (Posts: 180; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
Man, you need to get some education. The world needs less people who think like you.
26. BadAssAbe (Posts: 456; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
I don't care what you think about Samsung's phones but Samsung/anyone should be praised for recycling not insulted
64. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I do not recall or understand that how Plastic can be recycled. How??
Samsung must be feeling pulluting the enviroment by using way too much plastic for all their phones.
So they try to make a big deal of using recycle paper to confuse consumer's mind.
39. darkkjedii (Posts: 21778; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well for as much as 900$ the iPhone comes in a non recyclable box, and is shatter prone.
41. MobileNico (Posts: 67; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
LOL! come on guys, that was funny. Stop being so defensive. Everyone loves green initiatives. It's awesome that Samsung is doing this, but omar300's comment was funny nonetheless. I'd like to see more companies doing this, but if they don't, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. When green initiatives begin to permeate the manufacturing process, then I'll care.
At the end of the day, it's a marketing ploy. They know Americans are obsessed with "Going Green", so boom, recycled box with soy ink. Just trying to appeal to a broader audience. If they didn't think it would make them more money by endearing them in the eyes of the people, they wouldn't do it.
63. omar300 (Posts: 209; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
someone got the message. Yea these people got offended like i hate recycled box. my point was to reduce the price of phones. i could careless the quality of box. im not iphone user who die for qualities.
I do think its good idea to use recycled box since they will be selling millions of this phone so less tress dying for our pleasure.
60. Mehrzad_wayne (Posts: 10; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
For what you need a fashionable box ?
18. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3913; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Yeah, take that sh!t and gimme the phone!! :P
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Samsung is going green? I love you Samsung! ;)
5. lyndon420 (Posts: 4466; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
HTC also did this with their One X. Good job Sammy.
46. bayusuputra (Posts: 963; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
The best thing is that Ray S mentioned it's the FIRST TIME a manufacturer does this. I still remember looking at the 100% recyclable AND biodegradable as well as the soy ink signs on the packaging of my Desire S. That was 2 years ago. Not blaming Samsung, but maybe the article could use some background check? :)
But, good for Samsung for going green! I support them for this!
67. Baconeta (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Apr 2013)
"this is the first time that a manufacturer decides to adopt it for ALL of its products moving forward."
6. bojan (Posts: 188; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
this is called being cheap and becaise it cost them less sammy wnats to make money on everything even on boxes LOL
8. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Recycle is re-used the same materials in the same manufacturing process is not cheap material.
27. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Ah bojan, the butthurt HTC fanboy, is that all you've got?
HTC also have been doing this for a while, does it mean that HTC is being cheap as well?
37. bojan (Posts: 188; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
im not htc fan boy your very wrong. i don;t have any htc phones yet i have samsung note 2 and i will be getting the htc one. your butthurt because your a samsung fan boy. i choose base on what is best for me. and samsung have
-bad speakers and sound and call quality its very bad
-Looks too similar to the S3
-cheap company that used the cheapest parts to make more money
Otherwise it is an amazing device!
40. SGSatlantis (Posts: 226; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
This pretty much proves that you don't own the Note II.
49. SleepingOz (unregistered)
The GNOTE II you wish you had..
53. iushnt (Posts: 1751; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
I pray to god to gift you a note 2..
So that you will know the meaning of beast..
51. GTR722 (Posts: 261; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
they are praising even the box now....Samsung is the new Apple..
61. jsdechavez (Posts: 731; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
This boy makes sense. Actually it's always on every company's initiative. Cut on costs and make more profit. That they're making tree-huggers and environmental groups happy is a bonus.