Check out pop up multiple window multitasking from Paranoid Android
0. phoneArena 28 Apr 2013, 23:07 posted on
Paranoid Android has its own version of multi-window, which is used on higher end Samsung devices as a way to multitask and the developers say that the accompanying video shows only 10% of the functionality planned for the feature; so what does Paranoid Android think of current versions of similar multitasking features? "We think these implementations suck,"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. a961009 (Posts: 120; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
Wow that's great! I should try Panaroid Rom
3. AnTuTu (Posts: 1575; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Lolz its nothing but they jealous from Sammy's achievements and innovations.
Where were they before "multiwindow" feature?
5. tadaa (Posts: 267; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
If i remember correctly cm was supposed to feature cornerstone but google threatened them from implementing it. And don't underestimate paranoid android, their rom has great features like changing the dpi per app, tablet/phone/phablet hybrid and -correct me if i'm wrong- the 1st to feature pie controls.
9. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Yeah, I've never really understood why google threatened them about it. Multi-window is the only feature that's keeping me with TW, otherwise I'd be running CM on my GNOTE II.
Paranoid Android is pretty cool. The phablet mode looks awesome on the GNOTE II but their rom are not stable enough and tend to crash often. I've soft-bricked my GNOTE II twice with PA.
14. tadaa (Posts: 267; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
yeah pa is sometimes buggy. running android 4.2/pa 3.1 on my cheapo chinese tablet and the pie controls are the best thing that happened on android tablets. as for the cornerstone thing i think google's reason was it wouldn't provide a satisfactory experience on some apps. yeah i know i don't understand their reason either.
23. iushnt (Posts: 1457; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
I use paranoid android on my single core infuse.. This rom is awesome..
11. NightFelix (Posts: 60; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
CM is the one who implement the multiwindow feature first before the Samsung but Google banned CM them from implementing it.
24. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Do you know who the Paranoid team is?
2. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
thats cool, but theyr stupid paranoid with their words and hate against samsung..,
w/o samsung multi-window, they wudnt come up w/ such an idea maybe
4. cabuya (Posts: 41; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
all dev are now mad with samsung mobile coz they dind't give them s4 this time
6. Rayanx10 (Posts: 45; Member since: 30 Mar 2013)
you guys rock your the king of android this killed Samsung and samsung sheeps forever hahaha
8. SleepingOz (unregistered)
LMAO! You just went full retard..
7. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I don't get it, these are basically just pop-ups, right?!
It is no where near the Samsung's real Multi-window feature!
12. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4270; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
"The developers explain that the video shows less than 10% of the functionality of the program."
Right there in the article.
13. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I still don't think that they'll be able to do better with it than Samsung with the Multi-window(especially if you have simplistic framework/control installed).
But I might be wrong, gotta wait and see.
10. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Stupid ParanoidAndroid why they bashing Samsung's feature when they havent even implemented it themselves? They seem noob...
17. saket.shrivastava (Posts: 55; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
PA is an awesome rom with awesome features.........u callin them noobs?? the development team can beat ur sorry ass at development any freakin day........
20. MultiYouTroll (Posts: 29; Member since: 19 Apr 2013)
they still can't replicate multi-window while they bash samsung,, so yeah
15. XperiaPrince (Posts: 108; Member since: 25 Dec 2012)
Why bash samsung? I hate samsung but i don't bash them.I bet Paranoid Android can't even make a phone.
16. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Damn that's smooth.
And as true as multitasking can be.
But still doesn't give nearly as great a showoff effect as floating browser combined with multi window.
That's just insane to see on my samsung
19. bayusuputra (Posts: 961; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Bashing is wrong, but to all those who commented that without Samsung there won't be any idea about multi window, let me tell you this: Go home, you're drunk!
multi window in Samsung is not something innovative. Yes, in the mobile world it may be the first, but in tech world (computing world) it's just another way to implement "windows" like in desktop. And don't tell me people wouldn't come up with the multi window idea. I had the idea even before Samsung announced galaxy S2. But Samsung managed to implement it first. For that, I give the credit to Samsung.
22. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
We just think d fact that mobile smartphone isnt a computer device for so many people until samsung tried to invest further to enhance thw android ecosystem that wud let us have a smartphone and a mini computer, and thats sums all my complaints abt people telling touchwiz as gimmicky-we are lucky to have those features and we can turn them off if wer not using them