Check out our super awesome smartphone camera comparison tool!
0. phoneArena 18 Sep 2013, 11:43 posted on
We're happy to announce our Camera Comparison tool, which, as the name implies, is used to compare the cameras of two or more smartphones and/or tablets. But no, we aren't talking about simply listing the specs of two devices' cameras side by side. Instead, we present you with several images taken under the exact same conditions (with all camera settings set to automatic)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5921; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Props to PA for this new tool. It gives an objective sense of context to camera features of different phones.
Next tool should be the ability to compare sound (received and sent) of earpieces and microphones. Maybe audio playback of recordings, too?
20. vincelongman (Posts: 1597; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Also a low light photo comparison would good too
6. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 863; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
It's alright. You just copied what GSM Arena has done.
I would add a new standardized test for all phones utilizing flash at a standard range of 5' from the subject (ideally 2 people, but teddy bears are fine too, with their faces being the center of the shot) in a dimly lit room similar to that of a bar scene. This would be something extremely useful.
Where's the Lumia 1020?
10. sergiobr (Posts: 430; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
If they want to copy gsm arena they should do a low light chart and put as many phone as they can. Where´s 808 ?
9. Legnaldo (Posts: 33; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Now how did you manage to get the EXACT same photos taken by all those phones at the same time and in the same position?
18. GrmanR (Posts: 41; Member since: 09 Apr 2013)
by taking photos of photos in a controlled environment (like a photo studio)
11. sergiobr (Posts: 430; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
LG G2 and S4 looks EXACTLY the same ! S3 and S4 in 8Mpx too. Is there something wrong ???
13. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1240; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
it seems like xperia z1 is not present in the comparison section,it might blow out the competition so,..lets just keep z1 aside and let these try harder..one sony
14. arslanalikhan (Posts: 9; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
bugs bunny xperia z need a lot of time to surpass 808 and 1020 .... just keep in mind led flash is no where comes close to xenon flash especially in low light !!
15. picassimo (Posts: 14; Member since: 31 Oct 2012)
Please add a regular reference P&S camera like the Sony RX100 or Canon S110 so that we know just how good or bad these phone camera's are.
16. darkskoliro (Posts: 995; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Damn awesome!! finally PA is worth checking out in terms of raw specs, not just words :)
Hey, I was wondering if you guys could include old phones like the titan with 16mpx? It would be interesting to see how those stack up against the 13mpx flagships right now. Seeing if the extra mpxs actually churn into performance even for older phones. Thanks!
17. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Great tool for seeing how the Z1 and 1020's camera smashes the competition.
26. buccob (Posts: 1542; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Actually Z1 is already up, but the pictures are a bit whiter than they should... though they are pretty sharp...
19. saffant (Posts: 229; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
lol your specs are always off. GSMarena is the place to go for proper specs. Rest PhoneArena is good at tho.
eg. Note 2 is 9mm on here but 9.4 mm on Samsung's official site and gsmarena.
21. Trex95 (Posts: 571; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Great PA. But since when LG optimus g has an 14 MP camera!
22. Trex95 (Posts: 571; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
I think the best camera goes to Galaxy S4 zoom most accurate colors.
23. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2807; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yes it's awesome but where are other phones...
24. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Now everybody except fanboys can see that Xperia Z has a great camera.