Check out Xiaomi Mi 4's swappable back covers here
0. phoneArena 22 Jul 2014, 05:29 posted on
Xiaomi unveiled its latest device, the Mi 4, earlier today, and one of the more curious aspects of the device is something which we rarely see these days...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
13. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4079; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Exactly. Those are all indeed dope covers. I would really buy most of them. The wood ones look tight!
19. Sid91 (Posts: 68; Member since: 06 May 2014)
real wood is not feasible for phones as it can retain humidity, can expand when it comes in contact with any liquid and worst of all may retain odor from sweat etc. so manufacturers usually avoid real wood
2. drunkenjay (Posts: 69; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
wish other phone companies with phones with removable covers get the same idea as xiaomi since it looks nice.
3. drunkenjay (Posts: 69; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
yes there are phones with other back covers but i meant the major brands like samsung, lg
8. rockers123 (Posts: 40; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
Samsung was doing this for years from third part case manufacturers
9. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 831; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
No. You said it yourself, third party case manufacturers are the ones doing this for years. OEM > Third party.
5. Dude2014 (Posts: 145; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
Why no metal back option? Brush metal back like HTC One M8 Grey's back would make Mi4 prefect phone.
6. marcski07 (Posts: 386; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
i agree, this "organic" or whatever you call it designs doesn't complement the overall design of the phone, i suggest modern designs.. brushed metal for example but it is overused already, so they should really think another, to have a wow factor...
16. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3073; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
"Why no metal back option?"
Because you generally get poor reception and a lot more radiation in your face when you have a metal back phone?
18. RandomUsername (Posts: 467; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
He probably means a metal imitation...
7. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2661; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I like all of 1 through 6 but 5 is most lovely.
15. Vinayakn73 (Posts: 119; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I wish that Xiaomi kind of manufacturers bring down proudy and greedy OEM's (Shameshung, ipple, Sony) and show them what is real value for money?