Cheat this! New benchmark claims to have solved cheating, pits the Galaxy S4 with the HTC One
0. phoneArena 21 Nov 2013, 09:07 posted on
Buying a new smartphone is usually a joyous occasion (even for non-nerds), so much so that most of us usually forget that the industry is downright ruthless. The battle for dominion continues to rage on
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PointMaza (Posts: 60; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
well as far as i know S4 lags as hell, the HTC One is way more smoother and better than that Plastic Toy..
6. NexusPhan (Posts: 320; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
HTC one is easily damaged, dented and scuffed. The GS4 is a much more forgiving phone to damage because of the plastic.
I agree that touchwiz is the worst thing to happen to android since the HTC Thunderbolt.
20. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6631; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Touchwiz is what made Android as popular as it is today. Just saying.
33. jaychildz (Posts: 104; Member since: 31 May 2013)
if you don't take care of your phone then duh but damn my One has not a blemish at all. Stop that build quality ish, a 3yr old can mess an iphone as well as a htc or galaxy device.
17. MrKoles (Posts: 278; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
I know that speaking against Samsung has become popular, but what´s good will stay good even if haters say the opposite...
19. Adithya7184 (Posts: 267; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
one of my friend own an s4...he didnt experianced a single lag till now...may be you need to take ur phone to nearest service centre to solve problems...or may be u r an butthurt hater...thats it.
28. eN16HTMAR3 (Posts: 84; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
Yeah, you are right, but the issue is HTC itself. Their features are lacking and quite buggy. As wel as if you do not have beats audio going on the HTC One. The sound quality is garbadge. Beats bailed from HTC and I wonder why............... So yeah you are right. The One has great design and materials, but is light years behind when it come to features and software. Just saying. That and their android overlay/ skin is ugly and it sucks to navigate.
8. Taters (Posts: 2378; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The GS4 runs perfectly smooth in most cases. I don't own one but a lot of my friends do. My HTC One never outperformed their phones in anything except in poor ergonomics, overheating, dead pixels, gaps, taking forever to lock onto a gps signal on google maps, and unresponsive home buttons.
14. oNEWorld (Posts: 140; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
you must not have ever owned an HTC one and just listing all the problems you have gathered from online. stop trying to make the one look inferior to the gs4.
21. Mrmark (Posts: 82; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
Yes I have had both s4 and HTC one on sprint now I am using the Nexus 5 on sprint ( best in terms of phones) I actually like touchwiz more than HTC UI although blink feed was coo. I missed multi window ! Not really to much lagg on neither devices although I would say s4 did lag sometimes .. I missed there calendar widget .... The camera on the HTC one was terrible I don't care what anybody says mine did get a dead pixel that I could only see we loading up phone at the top s4 felt cheap after I got my HTC one ...not before ... All and all they were both great phones to use ... I preferred the s4 but only because I liked touvhwiz UI .
31. Taters (Posts: 2378; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
You don't have to believe me but that is the truth. I had two HTC One handsets actually. One had dead pixels so I had to exchange it for the other.
41. ngo2dd (Posts: 773; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
This dude is lying. When he say the GPS take forever you know he is lying. The GPS on the one is much faster then the S4. He been bash HTC before the one even came out. Why would someone hate a company buy their product. He is a sad troll.
25. rd_nest (Posts: 606; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
well as far as i know HTC One lags as hell, the GS4 is way more smoother and better than that non-selling Toy..
Everyone can play the game.
30. ph00ny (Posts: 565; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I have the sprint raped s4 and it surely doesn't lags as hell. I have the same amount of occasional stutter I had with iPhone that it replaced
36. gixxerrider311 (Posts: 25; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
I agree with your statement, I have a HTC One and I have NEVER seen a force close message on any of my apps but my friends S4 does it all the time and it's laggy as well.
37. giri.1131 (Posts: 12; Member since: 21 Feb 2012)
Use nova launcher on s4, improves its performance 3 times
3. cezarepc (Posts: 442; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Alright that's something measuring real world performance right there. A very much improved version of Epic Citadel since it runs actual games.
5. Taters (Posts: 2378; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Mostly likely because the S4 uses ddr3 and the HTC One ddr2 ram rather than the higher clock. And the HTC One internals are a mess stacked into a pyramid of crap and ignore thermals and proper placement.
Basically HTC sucks and they try and hide this behind the simplest skin they could conjure up. It is called Apple tactics.
7. Ninetysix (Posts: 1072; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
It's not called Apple tactics since it's a failure.
35. Pancholo (Posts: 370; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Apple will not fail simply because it is Apple. The rest, however, are not Apple, so they can fail hard even if they copy their tactics faithfully.
9. androiphone20 (Posts: 1118; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
if you really want to laugh follow the linkhttp://www.theverge.com/2013/1
10. Doppiadi (Posts: 15; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
They should do something like this to compare ui, browser, messaging apps. It would make much more sense to me and to many others that get a phone for productivity purposes
13. cncrim (Posts: 419; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
I own both device I admit the HTC One is much more smoother than s4. I experience some hickup here and their with s4, and yes the s3 dont have those touchwiz is a blame.
15. N-fanboy (Posts: 477; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Htc one is like one of the best looking smartphones ever (with Nokia N9, Nokia L925, iphone4 and Sony xperia z/1 IMO) so all its shortcomings are compromised!!!
18. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 553; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Removing Touchwiz from S4 will increase its performance.. Its evident on S4 google play edition.
23. downphoenix (Posts: 2232; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
in the battery drain, I assume battery drain being lower is better? If so, I think the lower framerate of the HTC ONE is bearable if someone wants to game with more time between charges. The only signfiicant framerate difference shown here was for Deer Hunter, and the One still had a very management FPS in the 40s.
Otherwise... yea, like to see it be justified LOL.
24. Shatter (Posts: 1766; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Any apps that can use 4 cores to encode video to test the CPU?
They should do this fps test with the g2 note 3 and nexus 5.
27. davenycept (Posts: 151; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
I switched from the One to the S4 due to overall performance...I thought the One would be better day to day but I was wrong and switched to S4 and never looked back..the "one"thing that i liked about the One was the speakers but the S4 speakers aren't bad at all
29. machello (Posts: 23; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Just buy the iphone 5S, and all your problems will be solved.
34. GeekMovement (Posts: 1497; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I had both and they were both smooth in my experience.
39. Maryewww (Posts: 19; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
I have used both the S4 and the One, they are both awesome phones, Whilst HTC One is smoother in user experience, better looking, better mics and sound output/input, Better screen (Voted the best screen of 2013 for a reason) The Galaxy S4 has better battery life, so many tweaks and software goodies, a lot better camera. Hating on one of those two phones is retarded, they both have amazing pros, and have their cons when compared. It all revolves around personal preference. Grow up Haters.