Cheapest quad-core 5-inch 1080p Android leaks out: arriving by end of April
0. phoneArena 28 Mar 2013, 04:24 posted on
The Neo N003 is expected to become not just the most affordable quad-core Android with a 1080p display - it is downright cheap at expected off contract price of $145…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. eisenbricher (Posts: 970; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
At a price that low? How do they do it !?
13. ash29 (Posts: 55; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
That price is more than the manufacturing cost of an iPhone.
14. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Well' it's not impossible - they overwork their factory workers, included hiring underaged ones and underpay all of them, sell them at lower profit margins and aim for selling higher quantity due to the attractive pricing. They dont do massive marketing as well. Oh, do include possibility of the factor that they dont pay for royalties and license them, because they are not as big as Samsung - almost unknown outside China, so there is a low possibility for them to get sued. And it will probably not last over 2 years.
2. digitalw (Posts: 48; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
Siply: costs of the factory are keept very low, the advertising is done through "ford from a mouth" beacuse of the low price. And the company will earn 5 to 10 usd. If you put 500.000 phones x 5 usd = 2.5 milion USD. For a chinees company it's a big profit. Basicly you have 2 extremes:
1. Samsung, cheap phones sold at high price but with ultra high level of marketing
2. Neo - cheap phones sold at low price but with almost none level of marketing
3. naveenstuns (Posts: 171; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
I hope no one compares this to galaxy s4 and iphone :P
9. rusticguy (Posts: 2819; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Why not? I can buy 5 of these in one of S4 ... only problem with these is after sales service ...
4. PacoBell (Posts: 7; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Still with the ugly capacitive hardware keys. Ugh.
5. funnyguy (Posts: 234; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
Why all these android phone manufactures don't stick some Nike or Mac Donald's or Coca Cola stickers on their phones and give them entirely for free?
You know just like the android apps have adds,you can put some adds on the back of the phones as well.
Stick some advertising stickers on android phones,give them for free so everybody can enjoy free hardware and software and have the absolute adds experience in and out...
Maybe then Android will finally truly dominate the market...
10. Suo.Eno (Posts: 128; Member since: 17 Feb 2013)
riiiight... >.>::: I'm probably not getting the /s part of all this.
7. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Geez.....$145? How can they earn money?
Decent looking and specs by the way.
8. 110410 (Posts: 23; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
A lot of these chinese phone is affordable because it will find a way to break before the year is over
12. ash29 (Posts: 55; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
U can always buy a new one if it breaks cos its damn cheap.
15. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
If a real quality phone by any well-known manufacturer, be it Samsung, HTC, Nokia, Apple, anyone, and whatever OS it runs, if they can make a decent midranger (It doesnt have to be a high end or flagship) with similar specs for under $200 i wouldnt mind getting a new phone every year, but that's not going to happen. The Lumia 520 is only one of the very few phones i know with decent specs and cost under $200, if i exclude almost-unknown chinese manufacturers. But as far as i know Mediatek quad core processors are a lot cheaper, but they are underpowered compared to Tegra, or snapdragons, or Exynos.
Nowadays I only get a new phone every 2 years, and only flagships. The amount of upgrades of a successor model within a year is not convincing enough for me to upgrade usually, that's why i wait 2 years. As a student i wouldnt want to spend that much either.
11. DKMDROID (Posts: 102; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
itll break very..... very easily but the price is truly tempting considering whats coming up this year
16. jack395 (Posts: 23; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I don't know why there's so much hate against China phones. I own 3 of this kind and they're working just fine. The oldest of the 3 is already 3 years old. Mind you I own a GT, SGS, e72, asha, Cherry mobile's Titan and Flare.
17. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
China phones, cheap as usual, and not gonna last long...
18. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Your comment is unacceptable. Just look at Huawei, they make high quality phones right now. Have you tried a china phone before?
21. taikucing (unregistered)
Yeah, overheating, GPS not working, dead pixels, easily cracked, battery drains fast. I give up buying Chinese phones lol. I think I'll take well known brand with a higher price & lower spec. I don't want to sacrifice the durability & quality. I'll take back my words that some chinese cheap phones are better than samsung galaxy grand. Still loving my motorola for its fast locking gps.
19. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1197; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
So cheap to the point I just want to get one to play with :D
20. lauremar (Posts: 181; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Great price! But the FBI needs to look at the damn thing to make sure there is no spying chips or softwares installed on it before you can buy it...