Cheaper Apple iPhone might have U.S. built chassis and see-through design
0. phoneArena posted on 15 Jan 2013, 00:04
According to those anonymous people familiar with Apple's supply chain, the rumored low-priced entry-level Apple iPhone could have chassis from an unnamed U.S. source and the casing will be plastic instead of the current aluminum and glass on the Apple iPhone 5; components for the phone are currently undergoing testing for a launch in the second half of this year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. JunkCreek posted on 15 Jan 2013, 00:08 3 1
With the premium price, we get "peace" hardware specs. SO if we get cheaper price, we may get "please" hardware specs?
17. Nathan_ingx posted on 15 Jan 2013, 03:29 0 1
Forget about that!!
Apple's about to bring a naked iPhone...i'm hearing the ring of the word 'innovation' already.
And not to forget "Time's design of the year" award already nominated for it.
But seriously? Plastic chassis?? That's like drop-crack-pieces...
18. dan86 posted on 15 Jan 2013, 04:44 1 0
There will not be any cheaper iPhone because its against Apple's religion.
15. abdane posted on 15 Jan 2013, 01:52 6 2
no, it will be same screen size... but revamped and revolutionary... magical... all those bulls**t ^_^
3. blackice214 posted on 15 Jan 2013, 00:16 9 1
How about you save your money and buy an Xperia Z.
5. ckoch125 posted on 15 Jan 2013, 00:24 1 0
Because this will prob be half the rice of the z. It is aimed at emerging markets.
8. rusticguy posted on 15 Jan 2013, 01:03 6 0
Emerging markets have far better options than this upcoming crap because emerging markets is all about larger screens.
21. darkkjedii posted on 15 Jan 2013, 07:40 0 0
There's to a phone than the screen size. Lets just wait n see. There may not even b one dude
24. rusticguy posted on 15 Jan 2013, 13:00 0 0
But in the segment that's being called "Cheap" it's the screen size that does matter as everyone wants to get screens as big as note or SIII even if it comes from zopomobiles they don't care provided it's priced < $250 (no contracts here)
14. MrJerry posted on 15 Jan 2013, 01:48 1 1
Sony was Great
And still ok but not that Great than before
This is the fact
And you know Sony did many things what Apple has been doing now
For example Very Expensive arrogant products with not anymore surprized normal products
Now Sony has been changing the thing I can feel that but they cant make me buy their stuffs
I really dont know
There is somethig missing...
4. ckoch125 posted on 15 Jan 2013, 00:23 0 0
So it will have specs lower than the 3GS how are they going to update it? I can only imagine the fanboys crying if it doesn't get updated and the fragmentation coming out.nthen again it would just be a watered down version like the 4 and 3GS got.
6. wendygarett posted on 15 Jan 2013, 00:41 3 2
I guess it's only available in US since it's US based, and Apple will never produce much cheap phone for us like what nexus 4 did... Lucky American... Sad :(
7. cripton805 posted on 15 Jan 2013, 01:00 0 0
I thini this is good for Apple. I hope Apple does well and they stop their Monopoly ways and holding back innovation.
Once Apple drops more and people start switching more and more to Android, we will all say hello to NFC in a much larger scale in the US.
Remember what I said people. I will come back to say I told you so^^^
10. someones4 posted on 15 Jan 2013, 01:32 0 0
well, there you go. the elitist company offers cheap, plastic phones. the irony of it all.
19. rusticguy posted on 15 Jan 2013, 05:26 0 0
iNNOVATIVE Ironic (Plastic) Phones & Iconic (Metal) Phones. Expect few patents on Plastic now.
12. thunderbolt posted on 15 Jan 2013, 01:46 1 0
Is Apple going to compete against Asha & Bipasha phones of Nokia with these rumoured plastic phones? See throug? Reminds me of something else ...
13. tiara6918 posted on 15 Jan 2013, 01:47 1 0
The "see-through nature of the chassis" might make the cheaper iPhone look like a toy or a cheap knock-off
16. noim1 posted on 15 Jan 2013, 02:43 2 0
Hmmm..cheap apple phone probably will have 2010 specs ....
20. Ameliahunter posted on 15 Jan 2013, 07:01 0 0
Didn't Apple say they weren't going to release any cheap iPhones? I thought I read that somewhere...
23. Fallout09 posted on 15 Jan 2013, 08:58 0 0
Cheap phones.... No. They like to think of them as "Value Phones".