Charging your iPad for a year would cost you less than a cup of coffee
0. phoneArena 22 Jun 2012, 07:50 posted on
Apple’s brand new third-generation iPad stands out in the tablet world - it’s not only the best selling tablet, it not only has a mind-blowing 2048x1536-pixel display…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nicholassss (Posts: 341; Member since: 10 May 2012)
So if you're realistic with the usage( i dont know anyone who uses a tablet and doesnt wear out the battery in a day), its probably like 2.72... still half the price of a latte.
13. gp284 (Posts: 120; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
My dad has the new iPad and he does charge it every day. HHowever he uses it for work and when he does charge it, the battery is around 60%. So really that would mean for at least him, that it would actually cost less right?
2. adi4u4882 (Posts: 135; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
"Yearly, charging your desktop computer costs an average $28.21"
3. matty1323 (Posts: 15; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Dafaq! LMAO I've never heard that before, I love it. My PC's battery really sucks, seems like whenever I unplug it, it will just die!?
8. Victor.H (Posts: 327; Member since: 27 May 2011)
It's for powering the PC, of course, not charging it. I've made it all clear now in the article, but thanks for the catch :)
5. medicci37 (Posts: 532; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Charging my Alienware m17x costs more than a refrigerator. Can't say i'm suprised though. lol
10. ghostkilla1388 (Posts: 50; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
try a m18x.... lol i love it though but i never unplug it, kills the battery.
6. sarb009 (Posts: 252; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
i never charged my desktop pc before, perhaps at the time of selling it the pc city forgot to tell me that i need to charge it every now and then. But now i'll charge it every day. THANKS phonearena for this valuable informarion.
7. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
12ah times allmost 4v and heat from charger and battery during charging gives you like 60 watt so 60x365=21kwh and in my country it gives you 1 cup of coffee
great news ...
childern can count that in their sleep
9. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Again an article from victor h about how magic is apple
17. Stuntman (Posts: 592; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
So, how does this compare with other tablets? If it is the same, then I would say that you can extend this article to encompass all tablets and not just iPads.
18. downphoenix (Posts: 1991; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Apple fluff confirmed, given that the batt life of New Ipad is rated at about 8 hours, by Apple. Asus rates the Transformer, without the keyboard dock, at 10 hours, 16 with dock.