Certain Samsung devices have copy/paste flaw that could cause permanent problems?
0. phoneArena 21 Feb 2013, 02:02 posted on
A thread that was started on the Samsung Developers forum last October and remains unresolved discusses a problem with Samsung devices running TouchWiz and Android 3.0 or higher; the flaw has been reported on a number of Samsung devices and the Korean manufacturing giant has been aware of the problem since October...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Hammerfest (Posts: 346; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Wonder if my i717 is prone to this issue...
I mean, in reality it isnt because I use CM10.1 and not the entire base that Samsung provides for it, but its scary either way... what if I want to return to stock! (snicker snicker, never going to happen, snicker snicker)
2. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
its enough to delete copy clipboard folder and restart so you dont have to reset a device
3. MistaC87 (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
I have had this happen to me three times while using ICS, and I use copy and paste a lot. I got so sick of it that I rooted my phone just so I didn't have to deal with it. Right now I am unrooted on stock jelly Bean, and I have yet to have this problem for quite a while, and it has never happened on Jelly Bean. But this is THE MOST annoying bug ever. The random crashes and the crippling of the clipboard and the phone in general is unacceptable.
4. modyt (Posts: 22; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
had this with my GS3... but got solved when i updated to the 4.1.1 stock firmware...
9. joey_sfb (Posts: 1859; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Same here, had not encounter the bug. Hope Samsung issue a fix for those that did.
6. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
copy n paste problems eh sammy? looool joke of the morning!
7. mikeguy1981 (Posts: 48; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
I havent seen my gs3 copy/paste crash. However it woun't copy anymore. It just gives me the option to paste even though there is nothing in the clipboard to paste.
8. techtruth (Posts: 30; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
bulls**t!! i am using gs2 for last 1.5 years.. i didn't face any problems till now
11. bluescreen (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
sounds like u shouldnt have read this thread then lol....maybe u wouldnt have had it
22. skymitch89 (Posts: 969; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Or maybe you haven't noticed it until now?
10. Adithya7184 (Posts: 260; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
i am using galaxy s2 since 2 years...i haven't got this problem till now...
12. Angkor (Posts: 108; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
If you have a problem with copy 'n paste or other problems you needed to restart your phone by turn off and turn on to clear the phone RAM.
19. skymitch89 (Posts: 969; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Or use the built in task manager to clear the RAM.
13. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Whoa..thankfully, ever experienced this on my S3
14. easymomo (Posts: 88; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
I had the Note 1 and now I have the note 2, I never seen this bug.
15. Bumpingmobile (Posts: 10; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
I don't have that problem on my international SGS3. However I do have a similar crash problem when I try to remove one of the home screen pages from the home screen. I do pinch out on any of the home screen, then a preview of the seven home screens I have appears. After that I press and hold one of them until I can drag it to the bottom of the screen where the delete icon is. In the minute my finger enters in the space of the delete icon, my phone freeze, I don't even have to release my finger. After a while, an error message like the one of the video appears, but in this case it says TouchWiz had to close. So I press OK and my phone opens the last app I had been using. That's really weird.
Because of that I've been stuck with the seven home screen pages since I upgraded my SGS3 to 4.1.1 Jellybean (it never happened with ICS), and I want to have only five! It's really annoying.
16. samsunggalaxylover (Posts: 37; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
never had this problem with my galaxy s3 and i have been using it since August 2012.
17. alfiehp21 (Posts: 17; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
I did had this problem on my GSIII. It used to crash everywhere when i make copy/paste. My solution was to delete the contents in the clipboard (root access). For what i could learn, it's look like the files on the clipboard, becomes corrupted and it stays always in copy transition, and when you tried to add a new one, it just crash.
I've also heard, as the article mention, that i factory reset can fix the issue.
18. cR203 (Posts: 166; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
Is the international galaxy note running android 4.1.2 prone to this too?
20. skymitch89 (Posts: 969; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
This randomly happens to me on my Epic Touch, but usually when I excessively use copy/paste. When my phone starts freezing up, I go the to built in task manager and clear the RAM. Then I open a new text message, press and hold until it pops up paste/clipboard buttons, press clipboard, then press and hold on each item until the list of what to do pops up (which is usually only "delete form clipboard".
23. ngo2dd (Posts: 753; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Where is tater and saying how Samsung never have software issue and then bashing HTC?
24. borg_cube (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
my SGS3 frequently crashes on Copy/Paste from Chrome to the GMAIL app. I was able to correct this by a full device wipe/reset but it returned again after reinstalling my apps.
I haven't wanted to root the phone as I plan to dump it in a few months for something else with a 1080p screen
25. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2840; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Yea I had this problem on my Galaxy S3, a factory reset resolved it. I have had my Note 2 for a few months now and have yet to experience this. It was very annoying and there's no excuse for how long it went on for.
26. 0o0blackstar0o0 (Posts: 86; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I have had my Galaxy Note since it was released and have had all the updates of android (STOCK VERSIONS) and i use the copy and past feature allot and have never had any problem at all ?
27. allblacks (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 May 2013)
Yup, I got this flaw which bugs me big time. Prettt lah.
It crashes the application from where I want to copy something and pop an error message.
Rooted GT-P6200 running stock ICS 4.0.4