Cell phones and cancer: searching for the missing link
0. phoneArena 15 Apr 2011, 09:06 posted on
It's no news that cell phones are literally in every pocket – their number grows by hundreds of millions every year. But with that comes an alarming suggestion…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Super Android Evo (unregistered)
Wow the picture to the Verizon "Can you hear me now" guy, looks more girly than he did before huh? This is very interesting. That thermal picture proves that something is happening. If it's cancer causing we still don't know, but it sure looks like something is happening. I talk for 5 minutes at a time, & most of the time I text. If I ever need to talk for an extended time I will use a blue tooth headset. I may even go back to a wired headset just so there is nothing wireless going through my head. I may even shut my Wi-Fi when I don't use it. It's something to think about. I hope this brain cancer thing is not true! I want to live to see my grandchildren grow. We only have one life so we owe it to ourselves to take care.
5. iHateCrapple (Posts: 734; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
Yea something is happening....your using a battery powered device that (like most things with batteries) gets warmer the longer you use it.
Common sense, come on people!
2. Rawrzellers (Posts: 224; Member since: 22 Aug 2010)
I find this hella ridiculous. If people wanna fuss about radiation from cell phones then they can just stop using them. You can get radiation from just about anywhere now. Point being these people need to calm their balls.
3. nak1017 (Posts: 328; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
Bananas give off radiation, why don't monkeys die of stomach or throat cancer?
4. baza 100 (unregistered)
If is a big word, if we all wait to find out if the cell phone can damage our bodies most of us will die first. On the other hand it would be foolish to think that we were killing ourselves by using a mobile phone.
I am a little concerned about my health so i check up on various websites, it really isn't at all helpfull to find comments like yours, i was off work today and still i spent around two hours (2 hours!) on my cell phone, It in simply not possibe to not use a cell phone in any kind of business these days.
6. half - caff (unregistered)
I like cheese (:
7. andras48 (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
I am really concerned about the thermographic illustration
It is TOTALLY misleading
1) The temperature ranges are not give
2) The main area that heats up is not the brain, but the face !!!
3) After 15 min the phone will heat up not because of microwaves, but because of the battery!!!
4) The electroschematics post from which this picture is taken, alleges that heating up one degree causes all kinds of health effects, for most of which there is no evidence !
8. sane_human_being (unregistered)
Cellphones produce no "ionizing" radiation (tie to go back to science class) and the entire subject of concern for this article seems to be on the heat they produce, This article could just as easily read "Holding Ear Near Furnace Causes Cancer!", [sarcasm] Great journalism by the way. [/sarcasm]