Cell phone unlocking bill passes in the Senate
0. phoneArena 16 Jul 2014, 13:49 posted on
This one has been a long time coming, but it looks like we're almost back to the point where it will be legal to unlock your cell phone in the U.S. Last year, a provision in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) lapsed which allowed unlocking, although carriers have been good about still allowing the practice. Now, proper legislation is on the way to reinstate unlocking in the law...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
That reminds me of a English drama program, that has been discontinued.
7. Augustine (Posts: 1011; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Government createth the problem, government pretendeth it didn't, government solveth the problem. Public schools FTW!
6. bambamboogy02 (Posts: 328; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
VZW LTE phones already come unlocked. I took my Droid DNA, SG3, Iphone 5s over seas and they all worked with the international sims. This was over 6 months ago.
10. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I never knew it was illegal to unlock a cell phone in the US :-/
11. Augustine (Posts: 1011; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
America is a corporatist country where corporations are more equal than people, whose property and other rights are trampled for corporation interests.
All your phones are belong to us.