Celebrities admit Apple never singled them out with red carpet treatment
0. phoneArena 15 Mar 2012, 07:30 posted on
Sometimes it’s hard to believe that celebrities are just like us - usually most of them have what we don’t. But when it comes to Apple, there was never a difference…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. thebikerboi2 (Posts: 144; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
Wtf cant these guys just wait a little like the ready of us?!?!?
5. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Apple lays out the red carpet only for itself,but a company built on money gouging principles could surely take advantage of desperate cash loaded celebs
6. Jericho (Posts: 302; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
dude its where it is based like microsoft is based in redmond.
11. Bigbluetundra (Posts: 45; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Well, I wouldn't say celebs are EXACTLY the same. I never got to call up a CEO to ask for a free device, for instance.
14. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 637; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Apple is a religion and great part of its phenomena could only be explained by this presumption. It goes way beyond classic late-capitalism consumersim and fetishes of objects of desire. It's based on a prophecy, a meta-language of signs that constitue our culture - the embodiement of our system of values, and opposing forces are very strong, with excesive energy just like in religious wars. Of course, its does not manifest itself as a tradiotional religion, because of completely different paradigm - but the mechanism is the same - we worship it and it's in everything, we want it and we don't know why.
The "Apple Conspiracy" project is focused on sarcastic remarks on this problem. There is no conspiracy, and that's a conspracy ((c) Southpark)
16. bendennis (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
That has to be untrue in some cases cause my brother goes to a private school with the daughter of yolanda adams the gospel singer and her daughter was playing with the original ipad i saw before they had the official show announcing it. I was pissed since she was 8 and didnt even know how to use it.
18. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
its always best to keep quiet about your products until the time to announce them... we as people tend to make things less valuable once we open our mouths.
Its best for them to release that info on their own terms first then deal with the love&hate afterwards.
"the more you wait for it, the more you want it"
20. gayasarafe (Posts: 25; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
love it or hate it, but you can't ignore it.
21. smallcolabear (Posts: 81; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)
Its actually refreshing to see that celebrities are not getting everything they want firsthand because they can sing or act. There are thousands of people who can do what actors and singers can do they just choose not to pursue that path in life. I have more respect for the actors who are modest and choose not to make a news story out of everytime they party or potty. They are people and they forget that because they make millions.
22. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
wow. not surprised abut Shaq, but why does giant would want a phone 3'5 screen?.. the haters here. not surpised either.. thanks to them Apple is what it is.. thank you., guys..
35. -box- (Posts: 3968; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Good comment (about Shaq), thumbs up even! Might be my third or fourth for you ever...
43. Johnny_Mnemonic (Posts: 240; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Shaq must be blind cause with that little screen with one finger he covers the LITTLE SCREEN. JAJA
29. downphoenix (Posts: 2741; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Have to say its pretty respectful that Celebs have to wait too, but that being said, still hate the iCult action.
32. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 637; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Celebrities and other VIPs don't get privileged because that's actually one the main strategies in Apple. They are playing in the position of deity by conistency: there shall be no other gods among them, everyone is the same, Apple is the only God.
34. -box- (Posts: 3968; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
So in other words, self-entitled overpaid celebrities and athletes wanted something special, and they didn't get it, as they rightly deserve. Finally something good about apple, I guess....
44. TOYMAN (Posts: 29; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
APPLE DOES NOT GIVE TWO s**tS ABOUT ANYONE BUT MONEY
45. Johnny_Mnemonic (Posts: 240; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
The next phone should be call igreedy