"Cast Screen" button appearing in Android Quick Settings for some users
0. phoneArena 27 Mar 2014, 08:30 posted on
With Sundar Pichai as the head of both Chrome and Android at Google, we have been expecting there to be plenty of cross-pollination between the two products, and the biggest meeting point appears to be Chromecast. Google's dongle has been slowly making its way into more and more apps, and now it seems like it is finding its way into Android's Quick Settings menu as well...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 686; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Our TVs are smart enough not to require the Chromecast
7. bucky (Posts: 1299; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Most TVs nowadays are smart TVs yes, but the benefit here is being able to kirror absolutely everything on you phone to tv. Apple has been doing this for a while already and it's awesome. Glad it's coming to android. As long as they make it smooth and quick android fans should love it.
9. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 686; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
I find HDMI cables much easier to use. No need to set up using an app or anything. Just plug in and you're good to go. Someone should bring it back
2. irbaaz (Posts: 18; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
Chromecast should work like use phone as touch-pad with black screen and display on TV.
8. Commentator (Posts: 2296; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
If it were a black screen, how would you know where to tap unless there was a cursor?
3. Klamba92 (Posts: 195; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Yh have had this for a while now have never got to actually work though from the quick settings menu. But appears in apps like chrome beta, and all the usual chrome cast apps!
5. silver91342 (unregistered)
Yep, I have been seeing this since 4.4.2 got installed on my N5.
11. cj100570 (Posts: 204; Member since: 12 May 2009)
You have completely missed the point of this post. This post is about a Cast Screen option in quick setting and not about the casting option within apps that use Chromecast. The option this post is talking about doesn't work yet.
10. Nexus_bear (Posts: 32; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
My nexus has it buried in the standard settings and yet when I go to it it states "no nearby devices found." Even though I have a Sonos, Chromecast, and a PS3 media server app... Nothing.