Probably the toughest Android Wear watch made so far
Casio unveils rugged Android Wear smartwatch with dual-layer display
13. talon95 (Posts: 546; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
I know right, with all that room around the display I see no reason to have the flat tire. Also for an outdoor watch I would expect 2 days of tracking minimum. They need a good solar panel around the perimeter in the hash marks (where they should have housed the OLED circuitry/sensors).
2. GreenMan (Posts: 1229; Member since: 09 Nov 2015)
I quote: "The Casio Smart Outdoor Watch is built for adventurers".
And yet the targeted audience is mostly consist of geeks who spend their entire day swiping on their smartphones, you know geeks & couch potatoes...
Well, at least; I'm not only a geek, but also an avid motorcyclist... Or biker if you so prefer though I don't have a big beard & I don't wear chain wallets etc...
4. NoToFanboys (Posts: 1543; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Can't you be a geek and an adventurer at the same time?
5. Captain_Doug (Posts: 997; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
"And yet the targeted audience is mostly consist of geeks who spend their entire day swiping on their smartphones, you know geeks & couch potatoes..."
No it isn't. This is basically a fitness tracker with smart watch capabilities. Not sure couch potatoes have need for an elevation tracker.
3. KillerKeyboard (Posts: 344; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
Very nice piece. A G Shock styled smartwatch would be wicked.
9. seblak (Posts: 14; Member since: 07 Oct 2015)
Waiting for seiko to create a diver android wear with 200m water resistance.Sounds pointless,but why not?
11. ibend (Posts: 4572; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
the only one flat tire design that I actually like :D
12. RoboticEngi (Posts: 707; Member since: 03 Dec 2014)
Ha ha apple is gonna drown in awesome android wear watches.......This one together with the one from Tag Heuer show us that the tech companies know nothing about watch design.....
14. Deadeye37 (Posts: 162; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
I totally would get this. A smartwatch that I can take swimming, surfing, snorkeling, etc would be awesome. BTW....the design looks great for an outdoors watch. Not something I'd wear when I go out on the town (my Moto 360 is for that), but definitely something I'd wear while being active.
15. jeroome86 (Posts: 1116; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Now we're getting somewhere. Still out of my price range but the designs are looking better.
17. TrevorB1 (Posts: 64; Member since: 30 Dec 2015)
If I was given one for free I would wear it. I would still choose the S2 though..
18. JoshN (Posts: 180; Member since: 01 Apr 2015)
Looks like a great watch that i wouldnt have to worry about compared to my G-Watch R . Id still way rather a Gear S2 classic though !!!