Casio enters the tough tablet game with rugged Android ICS 10-inchers
0. phoneArena 27 Jul 2012, 09:06 posted on
The company adds a certain twist to the rules, though, as its Casio V-T500-GE and V-T500-E are more rugged than usual, with an IPR 54 rating, meaning they won't break if you drop them from about a three feet height, and won't stop functioning if they get splashed with water or operated in dusty environments...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MalakiMills (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
Could be cool, if they can keep it relatively thin while making it tough as nails.
2. nofear (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Android device will put Apple into dust. The whole world start to produce Android, but not iOS device, Why?
10. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Maybe cause it is Apple alone that holds the giant iOS marketshare, while the reason why over 20 manufacturers use Android is it open source nature...? :/
3. pooked (Posts: 56; Member since: 27 Jan 2012)
yes i agree, water proof is the sweetest. And maybe a more powerful processor i mean seriously dual core is so 2011, dont you guys agree?
4. OSFantasma (Posts: 119; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
glad to see a good player enter the game..
5. kamil (Posts: 118; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
now I can take some fine pics of babes ass in the water :P
6. hung2900 (Posts: 949; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
It has TI OMAP 4460 so can it be updated to 4.1 easily?
7. whothisperson (Posts: 102; Member since: 06 May 2012)
The back looks cool. It can also double as a portable table!
9. JC557 (Posts: 1321; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
To be honest I'm surprised that it took this long considering Casio is known to put out these type of mil-spec products. Panasonic will probably wait for Windows 8 or RT to put out their own mil-spec tablet.
11. Pulseman (Posts: 4; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
now if only this thing was waterproof instead of splashproof, i wanna play my Sonic CD underwater
I'm not kidding, for some strange reason that seems awesome to me