Carrier 3G/4G LTE network latency research compares Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile
0. phoneArena 18 Mar 2014, 07:49 posted on
4G LTE itself is a technology that comes with the benefit of much lower latencies over traditional 3G connections, but there are differences between carriers’ 4G networks…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Woot Sprint is winning haha. But where I live, it only gets 3G or lower. So I'm staying with AT&T
2. youlookfoolish (Posts: 173; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
Sprint is not winning, it is in last. Latency is a terrible thing.
5. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I know it was joking haha :P I do want to see Sprint to really get that 180-200mps speed they were shooting for in the future. This way, it will push AT&T and Verizon to make their speed even faster.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Not surprised to see last place are you? Do you see T-Mobile last? Nope.
7. lsutigers (Posts: 820; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Lower numbers are better when it comes to latency big guy.
This was done Open Signal/Fierce Wireless and does not include Sprint Spark in the testing.
4. youlookfoolish (Posts: 173; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
This article is click bait. At least it points out Sprint is using a smaller pipeline.
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Just accept it and move on with your life. No need to get hurt.
6. mikedano (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Mar 2014)
I there. I'm Mike Dano, the executive editor of FierceWireless. While I appreciate your interest in our network latency report, I would respectfully ask that you remove our charts from your site. You're welcome to direct readers to our site for those charts. Thanks!
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Lol dunno if joke account or the real deal.
The charts do not match e colors of the carriers btw.
12. tokuzumi (Posts: 946; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
Sprint should change their motto from "The Now Network" to "We're working on it"
16. lsutigers (Posts: 820; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Not to be a di*k PapaSmurf
You commented above that "youlookfoolish" should just move on with his life yet all I see is you do is bash Sprint every chance you get and spew TMO propaganda all over the place.
We get it, you don't like Sprint and love TMO...you're the one that needs to move on with your life.
14. DigitalJedi_X2 (banned) (Posts: 346; Member since: 30 Jan 2012)
Sprint reminds me of that song from Scott Pilgrim vs the World... "Soooooooooooo Saaaaaaad"! Lol
15. zennacko (Posts: 236; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
And that was another point to John Legere and the T-Mo gang. Now he can troll the other carriers with those tests!
17. genkidama20 (Posts: 52; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
So happy I left Verizon for T-Mo ... Verizon was robbing me for petty overage charges on top of their overpriced plans. I have not missed VZW one bit. I'm saving over $50 a month on our family plan. AND according to these charts, I'm getting just as good of data speeds!
18. ryan5609 (Posts: 107; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
Finally T-Mobile wins at something! I am on the best carrier in the WORLD!!!