Carphone Warehouse promotional materials reveal LG Nexus 4 will have Android 4.1 on board
0. phoneArena posted on 27 Oct 2012, 15:03
Ok, so 'Frankenstorm' has put the kibosh on Monday's planned announcement of the LG Nexus 4, it doesn't mean that the phone was canceled, only delayed; in the meantime, Carphone Warehouse has been busy trying to figure out what to do with all of the promotional material from LG...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. timtimity posted on 27 Oct 2012, 15:07 1 0
How come £390 in the UK and about £250 in America?
4. PhenomFaz posted on 27 Oct 2012, 16:16 7 0
UK has higher taxes and VAT...thats why.
Moreover I dont think its disappointing that it'llcome out with JB on board which is still the most fluent os but I find it hard to believe that it wont have 4.2 on board. well monday is only a day away!
5. wendygarett posted on 27 Oct 2012, 16:24 0 4
Isn't the event delayed due to the hurricane? Lol
14. OptimusOne posted on 28 Oct 2012, 13:51 0 0
still but that doesn't mean that stores don't prepare for it
11. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 27 Oct 2012, 20:22 2 0
N4 has 4.1 and that means the real hero of the night will be N10.
And the assault into Apple last bastion begins.
16. roldefol posted on 28 Oct 2012, 18:38 0 0
eeeenteresting point. What if 4.2 is a Jellybean update tailored for ~10" tablets? That should allay any further cries of fragmentation in the phone ranks, which are still upgrading to 4.1.
3. Mark.J.Linskiy posted on 27 Oct 2012, 15:36 3 0
Or, people could just wait until it's all officially announced to pass judgement or be "disappointed". People tend to complain so much before anything is official, it's getting quite sad.
9. 90ninjas posted on 27 Oct 2012, 17:42 2 0
If you're looking at a phone, or any rectangular object for that matter, from a side angle, the two sides will still be parallel. It's clear that the sides of the phone in that image are not parallel...
I was not talking about the credibility of the poster, just the awkward angled image.
8. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 27 Oct 2012, 16:46 1 0
Geeksquad (in the bottom right of the pic) is BestBuy. I think it'll have 4.2.
15. roldefol posted on 28 Oct 2012, 18:36 0 0
Carphone Warehouse is a Best Buy subsidiary. Geek Squad has gone international. :)
10. remixfa posted on 27 Oct 2012, 19:16 2 0
its promotional material. it's only as accurate as the moment it was printed. no point in getting upset about OS until we get real details from google.
12. mad5870 posted on 27 Oct 2012, 20:32 0 0
Agreed. they also wont say it is going to come out with an OS that has yet to be officially announced. Grant it the phone wasn't officially announced yet.