Canonical confirms that Ubuntu Touch will be ready for October 17th
0. phoneArena 19 Sep 2013, 13:54 posted on
The aim has always been to make sure that Ubuntu Touch is ready for use on smartphones as part of the Ubuntu 13.10 update, and it looks like that is right on the mark. Canonical has confirmed as part of its Ubuntu Phone Team Mailing List that the software will indeed be ready to go when Ubuntu 13.10 is released on October 17th...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. McLTE (Posts: 695; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
OMG.. it's crap! all crap! Garbage! Made of plastic too I bet! Horribly inferior.. and runs too many cores! My OS can run way better on just 2 cores.. you're so pathetic.. losers!
How's that? :P
Seriously.. this is great news.. I hope good things come to this OS! :)
5. apple4never (Posts: 947; Member since: 08 May 2013)
2 things, um your an idiot and any os can run nicely on 2 cores without all the bloatware
9. Pancholo (Posts: 377; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Well, looks like someone didn't get the memo.
10. artealis (Posts: 98; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
you should read the nick name, it has apple in it
what do you expect from an iboy
3. Legnaldo (Posts: 31; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Im excited for a new mobile OS with this much potential to come to market. It would be great to consolidate my devices even more with this new OS. Im rooting for you Ubuntu.
6. Immolate (Posts: 283; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
It will be interesting to see what lengths carriers go to in order to preven their customers from running this OS. Will Google (and Apple) try to snuff this out in its infancy?
8. shahrooz (Posts: 139; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
Ubunto has experience the monopoly of Microsoft in PC market and fighting it. They sure know how to fight in this new market.
7. shahrooz (Posts: 139; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
"Right now, the only officially supported phones are the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4" I see what you did there Canonical.
11. uchihakurtz (Posts: 240; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I can't wait to use this on my Nexus 4, I used the Developer Preview and it seems promising.
12. Sharky (Posts: 116; Member since: 24 Jun 2008)
I really want to try this now. Anyone know if the nightly builds will be able to automatically update to 1.0 since they have OTA updates now?