Canonical CEO dishes out tough love to Ubuntu developers
0. phoneArena 07 Mar 2013, 20:48 posted on
“We’ve shifted the gear to leadership rather than integration,” is part of Mark Shuttleworth’s message to the community...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sangeet (Posts: 232; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
You guys are trying phone and mobile OS, that is good but you guys should really update your Desktop Ubuntu because the 12.10 release is just not good enough, it is slow, buggy, Unity interface crashes in 12.10 please release a fix for that version because 12.04 is so fluid but the 12.10 just is more like a downgrade.
I liked the concept of integrating webapps like facebook, youtube and many others in the OS, that is good but of no use if the distro is slow, also some things with the unity interface
1. I should be able to minimize an app just by clicking the icon on the application bar, n ot everytime going to the minimize button, there is no way to do that in ubuntu 12.10
2. The right click should perform like other distros, that is click should be triggered after we release the click, but in ubuntu as soon as the click is held it triggers the right click, i had the habit of scrolling with using chrometouch app in chrome which help me scroll using mouse clicks, I used right click for holding and scrolling but now i cannot hold as the right click gets triggered as soon as i right click so that should be fixes
3. Ubuntu 12.10 is slow, infact very slow. I ran ubuntu 12.04 which worked smoothly in my laptop but with 12.10 with he same hardware it is just unstable, crashes anytime, starts eating random resources and just so buggy. Please fix these issues on desktop and many more but these are some which bothers me most in the newest release of Ubuntu which was supposed to be the greatest Release but infact it isn't
2. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
How much has Canonical given back to LINUX?