Candy Crush Saga grew faster than reported, 132.4 million users now playing monthly
0. phoneArena 31 Aug 2013, 13:28 posted on
According to a published report on Friday, popular mobile game Candy Crush Saga is even more popular than originally thought. Actually, the game is so popular that an algorithm designed to track its growth couldn't keep up with it. Earlier last week, AppData was reporting that the game had 40 million active users who were playing the game at least once a month...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. ANANDALTER (Posts: 124; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
Please bring this awesome game to windows phone!!!!!
4. deathgod (Posts: 122; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
Im in a love/hate relationship with this game. I love to play it, hate the way it Gobbles down my battery and the way it's setup. You have to buy lives after losing 5 times or wait an increasing set amount of time (starting at 5 or 10 mins), and some of the stages you basically have to get lucky to pass, or buy powerups. That's bad news for people trying to get 3 stars, as it gets really infuriating (even at the low levels). Still its a fun game if you can put up with all the restrictions.
6. Goldeneye (Posts: 376; Member since: 22 Jan 2011)
Attention Android users:
You don't need to wait or pay for lives once you played your 5 lives, if play it syncd with Facebook all you need to do is go to the app manager and clear the data and... Voila! 5 new lives, don't pay a dime ever to these copy cats!
13. Goldeneye (Posts: 376; Member since: 22 Jan 2011)
Which in turn might mess with your calendar, alarms and other apps.
5. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
I still don't see how this game is any better than the others. It's just a jewel game -- and there are literally tens of thousands of them on the Play Store, many of them aren't bad at all.
I guess the punchy colors and very buttery/fluid play is a strong point. Still though... really?
The game is well-optimized and zippy but totally uninspired. Replacing jewels with candy is... well, I don't know. It feels irritating that something like this is bringing in millions a month in revenue.
11. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3483; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I feel the same way. I tried it a while ago to see what the big deal was. Uninstalled 15 minutes later. Nothing special about it.
7. Bernoulli (limited) (Posts: 2586; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Stupid game, I just cannot believe this game is a deal breaker for some people when they purchase a phone o.O coming from a T-Mobile sales rep
9. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Wow people really ask if there phone can run candy crush? Thats pathetic.
17. Bernoulli (limited) (Posts: 2586; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
yes dude! like for instance, our cheapest 4G phone is the Lumia 521, and when you have bad credit T-Mobile hits you hard, so these people would rather not get a plan nor buy the phone outright simply because they can't afford a cheap android (LG L9) and pay the deposit, they can with the lumia but it doesn't have candy crap
12. roscuthiii (Posts: 1949; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I can't play this game. Not due to any technological, physical, or mental limitations... I just cannot bring myself to play this game.
14. daniel_bargs (Posts: 325; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
Even the 50 year old father of my classmate is hooked to this.
15. ECPirate37 (Posts: 124; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
I'm glad the app is up to 410, but I'm on level 416 on Facebook. I've been ahead of the app for about 2 or 3 months now. I wish it could catch up to the facebook levels so I would have a reason to play it. :-/
16. downphoenix (Posts: 2818; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
To those that play Candy Crush Saga: Have they ever played Bejeweled 1-3? Seems to be a no, since they are essentially the same game, its just that the CCS makes it to where you have to pay to win in some cases.
18. foreveryoungforever (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Jan 2014)
if you want to cheat this game, just check it :D i love that method