Candy Crash Saga developer goes public, wants to raise $500 million in an IPO
King is mostly popular for the aforementioned Candy Crush Saga, but the company has also been involved in a patent scandal, as it has trademarked both "candy" and "saga". Take-down letters were sent to many developers, whose games contain these words in their titles and infringe the trademark. But the community of game developers didn't remain idle – an internet campaign, called Candy Jam, was recently launched. Its purpose is to troll King by encouraging the developers to create simple games, which contain "candies" both in their titles and as a gameplay element. Currently, more than 450 games have been created as a part of the Candy Jam campaign.
1. LikeMyself (Posts: 335; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
I hate this developer. Normally developers are not that greedy and are mostly foot on earth people as they are intelligent!
King is part of illuminati(eye) :D
4. sgodsell (Posts: 1690; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
I hate the fact that they got a trademark for the word Candy.
9. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
he is pale in comparison with the infamous dev behind flappy bird "Dong Nguyen", guess what would've happened had he patented the term "bird" ? angry birds will surely be in a trouble for sure
2. androiphone20 (Posts: 1577; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
I believe the GoPro empire is also getting an IPO, I hope they'll hit it off on a good note
5. saiki4116 (Posts: 373; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
This is so f@@king ridiculus...All hail FB peer pressure.
6. downphoenix (Posts: 2553; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I hope they do this so that they can crash and burn in the stock market afterwards :)
7. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5188; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Patenting and trademarking something generic. The absurdity of them.
8. JMartin22 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
What's more absurd is how outrageously gauging their IAPs are. They can take their money trap games (along with Glu Mobile, Gamevil, Morbage and Gameloft) and shove it.