Canadian HTC One owners receive a firmware update
0. phoneArena 23 May 2013, 12:59 posted on
If you are an HTC One owner in Canada, chances are that you have received, or about to receive, a firmware update for your new phone; Bell, Virgin Canada, Rogers and TELUS subscribers with HTC's new Android Flagship model will be happy to hear that the update repairs a problem with the sensitivity of the capacitive buttons and apparently makes the handset more responsive...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Whateverman (Posts: 3237; Member since: 17 May 2009)
What would be even better is if they put out an update to allow some functionality to that logo in the middle.
6. sharks (Posts: 194; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
Exactly my thoughts. This has already been implemented in a custom ROM and is definitely needed as an official firmware update.
3. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
HTC = Hide The Cost to the company and sold cheap to consumers. HTC will goes bankruptcy very soon.
7. darkskoliro (Posts: 1061; Member since: 07 May 2012)
SERIOUSLY HOW MUCH ARE YOU GUYS GETTING PAID, I'M A STUDENT IN NEED OF MONEY TOO!
9. Taters (Posts: 4776; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
This is the same reason why HTC fails. Instead of admitting that their product is lacking, they blame it on some stupid conspiracy theory that they are losing because of marketing or Samsung paying people off.
They and their fans wont go anywhere until they admit that their products have serious flaws that need immediate attention.
No one is paying anyone off. Just maybe, just maybe people really do have a genuine issue with HTC products.
10. chocolaking (Posts: 491; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I am happy to receive the updates for my htc one
good job htc!!
4. rizevnarastek (Posts: 338; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
The last sentence is completely unrelated to THIS article.
8. kozza3 (Posts: 629; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
let them rub it in bro, they seem to enjoy it!
12. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Interesting. The unlocked edition of the One in the US is at v. 1.29.1540.16 after a firmware update. Android v. 4.1.2, though. Not yet for 4.2.2
13. Taters (Posts: 4776; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I updated today and it works now. No major flaws anymore. I guess getting they are not a total lost cause.