Canada could ban Huawei products due to worries about security
0. phoneArena posted on 10 Oct 2012, 16:42
After the U.S. House Intelligence Committee recommended U.S. telecoms stop using equipment made by Chinese firms Huawei and ZTE, worried that the two firms are being influenced by the Chinese government, the Canadian government is looking to ban Huawei from the construction of a new network...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. messiah posted on 10 Oct 2012, 16:55 1 4
Canadian secure government network???? Way to go canada, for not supporting the home team .... RIM and blackberry.... you could have salvaged you own tech firm......
3. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2012, 17:08 9 0
Some messiah you are, not knowing that the RIM and BB are the same.
10. darkkjedii posted on 10 Oct 2012, 19:00 2 0
RIM is the company BB is the product. Not the same
5. Kan_wha posted on 10 Oct 2012, 17:12 2 1
Whats the Chinese gonna do with Intel on the Canadians? Call in airstrike on the Igloos?
6. Nathan_ingx posted on 10 Oct 2012, 17:20 1 3
What will US and Canada do when China closes their gate on them? I think US and Canada are trying to let go of China since they are already stable on their own...clowns!!!
7. cncrim posted on 10 Oct 2012, 17:49 0 0
Lol.... we are our way to do thing..... if it is threat out way of life then it got to go.
8. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 10 Oct 2012, 18:35 1 1
for security? BlackBerry!! and Canada is the home of that company!
13. darkkjedii posted on 10 Oct 2012, 19:55 0 1
WTF is wrong with A-Rod? 300 million dollar bust, jeter shoulda got that money
14. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 10 Oct 2012, 19:56 1 0
Lol ...Im very sure that the chinese may be listening to conversations of how to make maple syrup
16. DOGIEFRESH posted on 10 Oct 2012, 20:26 2 3
I don't blame US and Canadian gov...most of cyber attacks to the US comes from China so is no brainer.... !!!!!!
21. JunkCreek posted on 10 Oct 2012, 23:10 1 1
For security reason? We are here in Indonesia, dominated by RIM BB, and used to calls, emails, sms for government purpose. And all datas saved directly to RIM's BB server. So Canada had Indonesian Government datas if someone in their server had manage to accessed the data storage. So, do you think it is better for Indonesia to ban RIM BB so there is no way for Canadian to spy on Indonesia's Government?
So biased intelligence... can we called them Dumbelligence?
24. rusticguy posted on 11 Oct 2012, 03:52 0 0
Exactly Asia should ban RIM. India already threatened them but seems they got away by paying some green money :)
23. rusticguy posted on 11 Oct 2012, 03:51 0 0
Hmmm countries which allow walmart, mosanto should also ban them going by the influence that politicians have on these companies. After all didn;t baxter release live virus just because some politician held shares of company that made tamiflu?
25. Stuntman posted on 11 Oct 2012, 12:59 0 0
The US doesn't want China spying on Canada. The US wants Canada to buy US company equipment so that the US can spy on Canada instead.