Can you match these quotes to the correct wireless company executive?
Sharing our passion for CEO speeches, FierceWireless has created an interesting puzzle. It has come up with 10 quotes from 2012 that have to be matched to the correct wireless company executive.
Here are the quotes:
2. "We are a computing company, we have to take advantage of that form factor."
3. "We may end up having to sell the spectrum. We're not suicidal."
4. "We have to be able to stand up and say this is fundamentally better and different."
5. "...We fell short on this commitment. We are extremely sorry for the frustration this has caused our customers and we are doing everything we can..."
6. "I think you'd be stunned if we weren't getting those phone calls. We are getting those phone calls. The content guys are asking for it."
7. "This company is not ignoring the world out there, nor is it in a death spiral."
8. "Every single customer matters. That is most important thing we have to rekindle. And we are on our way."
9. "We always have been and always will be open to further consolidation, as long as it isn't AT&T or Verizon Wireless."
10. "So as you come through an upgrade cycle and you upgrade in the future, you will have to go onto the data share plan. And moving away from, if you will, the unlimited world and moving everybody into a tiered structure data share-type plan.
And now, here are the executives:
A. Sprint Nextel CEO Dan Hesse Sprint Nextel CEO Dan Hesse
B. Verizon Communications CEO Lowell McAdam Verizon Communications CEO Lowell McAdam
C. Apple CEO Tim Cook Apple CEO Tim Cook
D. AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson
E. Dish Network Chairman Charlie Ergen Dish Network Chairman Charlie Ergen
F. Verizon Communications CFO Fran Shammo Verizon Communications CFO Fran Shammo
G. Nokia CEO Stephen Elop Nokia CEO Stephen Elop
H. T-Mobile USA COO Jim Alling T-Mobile USA COO Jim Alling
I. Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman
J. Research In Motion CEO Thorsten Heins Research In Motion CEO Thorsten Heins
Can you guess who said what? C'mon, let's test your knowledge about the wireless business! However, if you're having trouble with some of the quotes, do not hesitate to check the answers over at the source link below!
source: FierceWireless (answers)
1. Synack (Posts: 666; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
“Picasso had a saying - 'good artists copy, great artists steal' - and we have always been shameless about stealing great ideas.”
― Steve Jobs
Not to mention you have been shameless about letting others copy/steal. Asshole.
2. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
We are not afraid of lawsuits, because we have an extensive portfolio of intellectual property rights,” - Sony CEO Suzuki.
better quote than the rest of those
3. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
"Dont Be Evil" - Google. and today it matters more than ever as there is certain company which wants to eliminate all the competition by suing and patent trolling. But Google is like "Live n Let Live".
5. clevername (Posts: 1428; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Its not patent trolling if the patents are in use in a device or in R&D. Oh I'm not disputing the point of your comment, not at all.
7. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
you mean R&D for something like rounded corners ?
8. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 864; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Thats cause Google finds some way to make money no matter what product your using. Explains why there's such a big advertising for BING going on right now. Although it doesn't explain why anyone would ever use BING..
4. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
"We have to be able to stand up and say this is fundamentally better and different."
- As you might have guessed, these are words by Stephen Elop..
Let's pray for this...
10. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
If a tipster is correct, Spring is gonna be awe- wait for it- some for Nokia. Something that we haven't seen.
6. Loubielou (Posts: 224; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Sounds like Mr Elop an is usual bad comments he as made ever since he stepped in at Nokia,an hates Samsung for Out-Preforming Nokia in the Smartphone Market
9. tgtftw (Posts: 31; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country!" - JFK
11. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Oohh, I got all them rite and y'all didn't.
;PPP 'twas a joke y'all! Don't hate on me now
12. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
OH MY GOSH, WOULD U PEOPLE JUST LOOK AT THE ANSWERS AND CHEAT?
14. Jeromeo (Posts: 135; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
Why did you list the quotes numerically and the corresponding CEOs alphabetically?
15. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
YOu have to match them, they are not the answers.